Stone Circle a fair chance
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Laurel didn't notice Xan's disheveled coat at first, as she was so set on finding him that she just walked up to him right away. She didn't even notice how he stumbled to a sudden halt. Xan, she greeted, a mixture between odd formality and uncharacteristic softness in her voice. She opened her mouth to answer his question at first, but then suddenly noticed that he looked off.

As she gave him another one-over she noticed how disheveled and dirty he looked. Had he not been taking care of himself? Laurel, despite (or perhaps because of, on some level) being an emotional mess, still looked in pristine condition herself. I'm alright, she lied, because there was little alright with her life these days. But there was one thing that could be alright. That could get alright. Why do you look like shit? she asked him, unable to keep her mouth shut about the state that he was in. Before you answer that — I was looking for you, actually. I just want to say a few things. One thing, mostly. You said that you wanted to make it up to me. I want to give you a chance. A real chance. Xan, I.... She took a step closer, feeling a shiver at the thought of physical closeness to anyone that wasn't Indra but knowing she needed to push past it now. I want another chance, too. I want another family. I want... I want to make up for being such a bad mother before. And I — She swallowed thickly and looked up at Xan, her eyes shining with emotion. I want it to be with you. They could both use a second chance at life and at family.

She needed this... For Indra, for recreating Indra (she didn't tell him about the plan, of course). In some way her words were true; she did feel like she needed to make up for it all, and she did long to have the perfect, happy family picture. A part of her knew that that would never be her, that she would always find a way to fuck it up for the kids. But she wanted to try, oh damn it did she want to try, because if she stopped trying that meant she had to admit the truth.

You're a bad mother who only ever loved some of her children and beat the others until either they complied or left.
Messages In This Thread
a fair chance - by Laurel - October 23, 2020, 03:22 AM
RE: a fair chance - by Xan - November 18, 2020, 11:53 PM
RE: a fair chance - by Laurel - November 19, 2020, 02:00 PM
RE: a fair chance - by Xan - December 17, 2020, 10:14 AM
RE: a fair chance - by Laurel - December 25, 2020, 12:47 PM
RE: a fair chance - by Xan - January 17, 2021, 09:07 PM
RE: a fair chance - by Laurel - January 19, 2021, 05:35 AM