Blackfeather Woods When I wake up, I'm afraid
He seeks Takiyok with a purpose, having already discussed his intentions and his reservations with @Rowan. With the addition of a child and Takiyok's head injury, it seems the group he'd brought to the forest will be staying longer than originally planned; a thought that makes him look to the farther future, too. As he'd told his co-leader, they strike him as useful and reliable, potentially good additions to the pack — except for Taikon's poor judgment and apparent fickleness. Yet the wraith knows his personal feelings cloud his judgment to some extent, so he's decided to give them a chance in the form of a conversation with Takiyok.
Takiyok, He greets when he finds her, voice level and painted in the same icy tones he always uses. His posture is set higher than it'd been when they'd first met, a subtle reminder of his position within the forest, but for the most part he greets her on neutral terms. I'd like to discuss your intentions for the future. You're injured, and you have a child with you now. It seems your group would benefit from a longer stay under the protection of a pack — but you know we have to ask something jn return. A pause, and a slightly pointed look; she hadn't given him anything for free, after all. A more permanent arrangement would be ideal. Your loyalty. But I've heard of your plans for spring. And that makes me hesitate to offer you a place here.
But that warrants more explanation, doesn't it? I can't let just anyone have kids around here. My own parents were awful — and everyone I know had awful parents too, or no parents, He's never liked the concept of parenthood, if only because those who want it are never suited to it. He doesn't know why anyone has kids if their only plan is to treat them horribly, cast them aside, set them up for a life of failure. Maybe parents are just people who are so desperately lonely in their misery that they need to make new people as warped as they are to feel less lonely. Or maybe it's just about the sex. I've never met a good parent. I don't know if they even exist. So I don't know how I can trust anyone to become a parent — knowing what happens after that. Especially after the decisions Taikon has made.
common || « french »
Messages In This Thread
When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Takiyok - December 06, 2020, 09:54 PM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Zephyr - December 09, 2020, 01:44 AM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Takiyok - December 09, 2020, 07:31 PM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Zephyr - December 09, 2020, 08:18 PM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Takiyok - December 09, 2020, 09:15 PM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Zephyr - December 09, 2020, 10:11 PM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Takiyok - December 09, 2020, 11:02 PM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Zephyr - December 09, 2020, 11:26 PM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Takiyok - December 10, 2020, 12:00 AM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Zephyr - December 10, 2020, 12:51 AM