Neverwinter Forest Water from your broken iris fell toward the floor
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
His arguments were all the same—mistakes from Ky's past that Simmik had forgiven. It was easy for Mal to dwell in them, though; he didn't know Ky like she did—no one did. That was part of her draw to him. She could see him for who he was and he could see the same in her. She knew it wasn't something she would be able to make her friends see, nor would she try and force it. I'm not going to be able to make you see things any differently. None of that stuff matters anymore. She loved him and was stronger with him—that was all that mattered.

The familiarity of Mal and the direction the conversation had gone made her heart hurt—it clenched painfully in her chest, and she had to close her eyes for a moment. She wished there was some way she could make everyone happy, but that was impossible; she wasn't stupid or naive enough to believe otherwise. I can't, she told him when she was finally able to look at him again. I'm pregnant, and I want to be with Ky, she told him softly. But I still love you, Mal. I still want to be your friend. Was there anyway she could have both of them in her life?
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
RE: Water from your broken iris fell toward the floor - by Simmik - March 17, 2021, 12:57 PM