Moonglow
Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,224 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Her response confirmed what he'd thought. His people were culturally different from her own, but, she wanted to learn. The question that passed her lips surprised him though; Kigipigak had not considered that he might find himself an aokatti here in these wilds.

Being so set on finding himself and building notoriety for is name, Kigipigak had faltered in his goals when the Watch fell. Now that he was living in this new village things had changed for him somewhat. Yes, he thought of himself — but also the future, the bloodline he carried and could build in to something.

His doubts had outweighed any chance at real connection. He did not know anyone deeply enough to form that bond. His face scrunched a bit as he considered his options but it was a quick, quiet moment.

I am close with no-one. He admits.

I had thought.. With time, to build a bond in my last home. Then those that I followed left me. He drew a breath, licked his lips, and tried to ignore the weight of what Praimfaya was asking. She did not know the significance.

Now the closest person I have in my life is... Perhaps, Mahler. And even then we only have an accord due to the winter. An alliance of convenience that has gone beyond its time-limit. He was thinking aloud; having forgotten the terms of their initial bond, that Kigipigak would hunt through the winter and be gone again.

Remembering it now, Kigipigak wondered too if Mahler had offered him the spring to put down roots for some deeper reason. They weren't exactly close — it was all roundabout in his head now.
Messages In This Thread
of the men - by RIP Praimfaya - March 14, 2021, 07:03 AM
RE: of the men - by Kigipigak - March 15, 2021, 01:32 PM
RE: of the men - by RIP Praimfaya - March 17, 2021, 04:19 AM
RE: of the men - by Kigipigak - March 27, 2021, 03:34 PM
RE: of the men - by RIP Praimfaya - March 27, 2021, 05:24 PM
RE: of the men - by Kigipigak - March 29, 2021, 10:22 PM
RE: of the men - by RIP Praimfaya - March 30, 2021, 07:05 AM
RE: of the men - by Kigipigak - March 30, 2021, 03:01 PM
RE: of the men - by RIP Praimfaya - March 31, 2021, 04:48 AM
RE: of the men - by Kigipigak - April 07, 2021, 03:18 PM
RE: of the men - by RIP Praimfaya - April 12, 2021, 09:36 AM