Noctisardor Bypass I can't turn back around and doubt my destination
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
His words were laughably cowardly to Laurel's ears. Had she had enough? Was this her revenge? Of course not! This was not even connected to Merrick's demise. If only life would be that simple. How easy it would be for Mahler to simply say that the vengeance had been exacted and that he need do no more for Laurel's sake. She scoffed at the notion, sharp eyes seeking his and whatever traces of soft thankfulness that had been there before now gone.

Even before she shook her head it was plain to see on her face that it was not enough. Only if he could have been there to watch it, she said with cold words. But it's not just about petty vengeance. Well, perhaps that was a large part of it, but now... now she had a new reason to wish him dead. It's about safety for the children. She looked at Mahler, expression hardened now. She knew that she needed to push him away before he would do anything for her. She'd gotten too close before, and it only drove him into softness and apathy. She needed a warlord, not a weak man who could not make decisions.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I can't turn back around and doubt my destination - by Laurel - July 27, 2021, 02:18 AM