Noctisardor Bypass I can't turn back around and doubt my destination
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
I said I did not beg, Laurel said, ears falling back and teeth bared in uncharacteristic aggression all of a sudden. A warning; if he further pressed the subject, tried to get his right, then she would lash out. She did not want to do it, but she knew that she had to protect what little shreds of dignity she had left at any cost.

She scoffed when he said he could not protect her from her 'wants and choices', only to provide a safe home. Why? Why, why, why?

Soon, he explained — because it was the correct thing to do. She could not help but wonder if that was why Reek kept her around when he had children of his own with his new mate. She could not help but wonder if that was why Valette took her in and allowed her to live in Easthollow for so long. She could not help but wonder if that was why Xan eventually accepted her companionship, eventually decided that he should love her after all the misery that he put her through.

She didn't want to be the correct thing to do. She wanted to be loved, and once more it was clear that he would never be that in any capacity. Laurel could feel her heart bleed at the dagger that he once more thrust into it, and she could feel herself harden. She visibly stiffened at his words. Just a piece of advice for when you see your Wylla again, women don't exactly like being 'the correct thing to do', she sneered at him, and Laurel turned partially away from Mahler. She felt extra vulnerable in her wounded state. I thought I'd found an honest, caring man when I moved to Rivenwood, but what a delusional dream it was. The hurt resounded in her words. She wanted to believe him. She wanted Mahler to be her friend. But instead, he made it very clear that he was just some sort of twisted caretaker that let her stay because it was 'the right thing to do'. Well, fuck that.

She turned away, her eyes shimmering with raw pain that could easily turn into anger should he stop her. She needed to cry, and this time she wasn't planning to do it on his shoulder; she would do it alone, like she had all her life, like she was meant to.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I can't turn back around and doubt my destination - by Laurel - August 24, 2021, 02:34 AM