Noctisardor Bypass the humming
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
672 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
While the flies and their buzzing captivated Druid’s attention, Sequoia and Witch began to eat the carrion, the former nosing the softer bits toward the pup. She clicked her tongue in an effort to draw Druid’s attention too, yet the grayer of the sisters could not stop gaping at the clouds of small black insects swarming over the remains.

As her eyes roamed hither and thither, watching in morbid fascination, something just beyond the carcass finally snagged her attention elsewhere. Druid gawped openly at the strange she-wolf rigidly standing there. The pup crouched backward, then slowly crept behind one of Sequoia’s legs.

Tucked safely beneath her mother, Druid peeked again at the frozen stranger. Curiosity warred with nervous shyness, the latter winning out particularly when she noticed the woman’s empty eye socket. The puppy gasped and withdrew, hiding entirely behind Sequoia’s leg for a moment.

Amused, perhaps, by the youngster’s reaction, Sequoia sidestepped and nudged Druid toward the unfamiliar she-wolf with the instruction to, “Say ‘hello,’ Dru.”

Feeling exposed, she shrank into herself and didn’t say a word. Instead, Druid continued staring, occasionally throwing sidelong glances at Witch to see if her sister had even noticed this new, eyeless face, and what she was going to do about it?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
the humming - by Druid - June 21, 2021, 01:14 PM
RE: the humming - by Wylla - June 22, 2021, 10:26 PM
RE: the humming - by Druid - June 23, 2021, 11:38 AM
RE: the humming - by Witch - June 23, 2021, 03:39 PM
RE: the humming - by Sequoia - June 23, 2021, 05:33 PM
RE: the humming - by Wylla - June 29, 2021, 01:17 PM
RE: the humming - by Druid - June 30, 2021, 12:36 PM
RE: the humming - by Sequoia - August 12, 2021, 12:29 PM
RE: the humming - by Wylla - August 17, 2021, 11:33 PM
RE: the humming - by Druid - August 18, 2021, 11:20 AM
RE: the humming - by Sequoia - August 19, 2021, 02:16 PM