Noctisardor Bypass we built this city on rock and roll
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
687 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Sequoia identified her finding as mushrooms, seconds before chomping down on one. Druid’s head reared back in surprise. She had never seen her dam eat anything besides meat before and it had not even occurred to her that these strange plants might be food.

Skaigona lunged at another mushroom, tearing at it with her teeth. Druid blinked as she watched, fascinated. Not only were these chanterelles edible, they were apparently palatable too.

Soon, Witch and Worripa came scurrying over to see what was happening and they, too, joined in the feast. Druid continued hovering there as the others fed, then struck out a paw to touch the nearest chanterelle. It felt strange to her, almost rubbery, and soon she leaned in to touch her nose against it, then take a taste for herself.

Chewing thoughtfully, she tried to decide what she thought of this odd food source. The texture was very different from meat. It broke down in her mouth while she ruminated, turning into a sort of gruel she eventually swallowed. It went down a bit easier than gobs of chewed meat, though Druid didn’t think she enjoyed the earthy flavor very much.

She reached out and pulled at another of the mushrooms with her teeth, though she didn’t intend to eat any more of it. Instead, she tugged it from the soil and dragged it a few feet away, leaving the others to their meal as she proceeded to poke and prod the unearthed chanterelle.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
we built this city on rock and roll - by Sequoia - July 19, 2021, 08:40 PM
RE: we built this city on rock and roll - by Heda - July 19, 2021, 09:16 PM
RE: we built this city on rock and roll - by Druid - July 20, 2021, 08:40 AM
RE: we built this city on rock and roll - by Sequoia - August 12, 2021, 12:12 PM
RE: we built this city on rock and roll - by Heda - August 12, 2021, 12:19 PM
RE: we built this city on rock and roll - by Druid - August 12, 2021, 12:34 PM
RE: we built this city on rock and roll - by Sequoia - August 19, 2021, 02:11 PM
RE: we built this city on rock and roll - by Heda - August 24, 2021, 08:23 PM
RE: we built this city on rock and roll - by Druid - August 25, 2021, 09:13 AM
RE: we built this city on rock and roll - by Sequoia - September 09, 2021, 09:27 AM