Moonglow
Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,233 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
She had her ways, which themselves were not wrong, only different from what he had been taught. Much about the village was different; he liked to think they were the same in the end, two sides to the same coin - or the light and dark face of the moon, if he were to become hyperbolic. Kigipigak wondered what his own children might look like one day; they might take after their mother or perhaps his own, somehow, or maybe himself, and he did not know which he would prefer.

All the same, these girls were small and uncoordinated. Kigipigak did not lose interest exactly but his attention homed in on Kukutux, as she was more capable of conversation, and he enjoyed her company immensely. Not knowing what to do with children was perhaps a fault, but he was a man. It was not his duty to do much for them.

I have met him, Aiolos. He is much different from any wolf I have ever seen. Kigipigak said. His tone was appraising. He looks like a warrior but also quick-bodied, as if he has not grown in to himself. He welcomed me when I returned and for that I am thankful.

The wolves of Tartok were often beastly things, likened to bears and wolverines, but if Kigipigak could think of an animal which Aiolos matched he had a hard time; of all things, he thought of the red snapper. It didn't fit, comparing a person with a piece of prey, and so Kigipigak did not explain this part of his thinking. He was trying not to offend his kin with the wrong impression.
Messages In This Thread
suagutsik ⏧ - by Kukutux - September 02, 2021, 05:01 PM
RE: suagutsik ⏧ - by Kigipigak - September 02, 2021, 06:01 PM
RE: suagutsik ⏧ - by Kukutux - September 03, 2021, 02:18 PM
RE: suagutsik ⏧ - by Kigipigak - September 05, 2021, 11:58 AM
RE: suagutsik ⏧ - by Kukutux - September 08, 2021, 03:52 PM
RE: suagutsik ⏧ - by Kigipigak - September 09, 2021, 11:47 AM
RE: suagutsik ⏧ - by Kukutux - September 10, 2021, 02:00 PM
RE: suagutsik ⏧ - by Kigipigak - September 26, 2021, 07:14 PM
RE: suagutsik ⏧ - by Kukutux - September 27, 2021, 03:55 PM
RE: suagutsik ⏧ - by Kigipigak - September 27, 2021, 10:40 PM
RE: suagutsik ⏧ - by Kukutux - October 02, 2021, 04:30 PM