Phoenix Maplewood krasha
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
687 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Druid listened as her sister told her of the goings-on in her life, paying attention to every detail, including the many polysyllabic names she would never remember. She was glad for Heda, swept up in her excited chatter, though there was another feeling just beneath the surface. She knew she’d made the right choice for herself by returning home, yet Druid couldn’t help but feel like she’d missed out on something (or many things, per Heda’s stories).

That feeling breached the surface when Heda announced her intentions, causing Druid’s jaw to go a little slack, then tighten again. The words hit her like a punch to the gut, stealing her breath. Her mismatched eyes flicked between Heda’s, wondering if she meant what she said, and seeing nothing but authenticity in her sibling’s gaze. Her lower lip wobbled but she gently sank her teeth into it, stilling it.

But try as she might, she couldn’t stop the tears that welled in her eyes and began running down her cheeks. Ignoring them, she wondered, What makes you want to stay there? It wasn’t an accusation. It broke her heart a little, but something must truly compel Heda to bring her to such a decision. Druid wanted to support her, first by understanding why.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
krasha - by Heda - December 28, 2021, 10:13 PM
RE: krasha - by Druid - December 29, 2021, 08:57 PM
RE: krasha - by Heda - December 29, 2021, 09:01 PM
RE: krasha - by Druid - December 29, 2021, 10:04 PM
RE: krasha - by Heda - December 30, 2021, 12:58 PM
RE: krasha - by Druid - December 30, 2021, 01:04 PM
RE: krasha - by Heda - December 30, 2021, 01:41 PM
RE: krasha - by Druid - December 30, 2021, 01:50 PM
RE: krasha - by Heda - December 30, 2021, 06:05 PM
RE: krasha - by Druid - December 31, 2021, 12:09 AM
RE: krasha - by Heda - December 31, 2021, 04:06 PM