Moonglow
Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,233 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
The girl introduced herself, and named the man.

I am Kigipigak. The hunter answered quickly, just shy of the one called Bronco asking his own questions; he was right to be concerned but the calm smile that Kigipigak presented would hopefully ease some of that worry.

It was a wasting sickness. It did not affect the wolves that hunted so far as I know. I came here with my village — Moonglow — and together with the wolves that lived here at the glacier, we hunted until the herds had moved on. Kigipigak breathed deeply as he remembered the fine hunting he had experienced, his expression shifting to something more distant.

My people were only here temporarily, and moved back to their claim. I decided to stay and monitor things — and then, ah, my wife and I, we found we could not leave. It was more than he meant to say. He smirked now and looked at the fowl at his feet.

There is still plenty of small game to be found. I could show you, if you are hungry and willing to work with me.
Messages In This Thread
RE: A place that we both call disaster relief - by Kigipigak - April 19, 2022, 02:14 PM