Redsand Canyon Mellontikós
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Arsenio only smiled sharply at the Imperator’s initial statement.

He listened, then. Germanicus had good reasons for his wants, yes, but this was no longer a game of mercenary and client. The redstone wolf had made himself useful in Mereo. He had tended to the borders and met with the other soldiers. It was not outstanding, but he had filled the role of a good soldier – enough to be considered for this.

I understand.

Arsenio did not move his gaze. This was important talk.

But if I am to do what you ask, I will no longer be a mercenary. We will be two men, leaders of outposts. As such, I should like a say in a few of who I bring with me. This was meant softly, for the Roman was still the leader of their group.

You know, you left a perfectly good healer in Akashingo. That dark boy. He had a way with herbs. Why not retrieve him? It was a valid question. The shadowy figure had been seen as a good medic in the few instances that he had been asked to help.

I am selfish too. Kallik is a friend to me and to Tamar. Aquene is closer, still. You ask us to leave these relationships behind – to take the overflow of your outpost – and I ask for a bit more. I wish for my children to be raised alongside another family. I wish to have another man, another soldier, who I can tend the territory with. These are not unreasonable asks, I think. A counterpoint. And what would Germanicus say to that?
Messages In This Thread
Mellontikós - by Arsenio - March 30, 2022, 04:04 PM
RE: Mellontikós - by Germanicus - March 30, 2022, 04:17 PM
RE: Mellontikós - by Arsenio - March 30, 2022, 04:30 PM
RE: Mellontikós - by Germanicus - March 30, 2022, 04:37 PM
RE: Mellontikós - by Arsenio - March 30, 2022, 06:16 PM
RE: Mellontikós - by Germanicus - March 30, 2022, 06:47 PM
RE: Mellontikós - by Arsenio - March 30, 2022, 06:57 PM
RE: Mellontikós - by Germanicus - March 30, 2022, 07:11 PM
RE: Mellontikós - by Arsenio - March 30, 2022, 07:18 PM
RE: Mellontikós - by Germanicus - March 30, 2022, 07:36 PM
RE: Mellontikós - by Arsenio - March 30, 2022, 07:43 PM