Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,221 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Pack Activity 
We're here! Not sure how long we wanna have Natigvik visit, but I was thinking till at least July?

At the foot of the mountain that Kigipigak knew so well, he thought of raising his head and calling to @Kukutux and @Aiolos, to let them know of the sudden arrival of kin.

He considered how warm and welcoming their returning call might be, and also how busy their lives were the last he saw of them; by now the village likely had more children to care for and Kigipigak did not want to disturb anyone. He ended up changing his mind entirely; instead of calling to the wolves of Moonglow village, he looked to his own wife.

We are here, at last. He murmured to @Sakhmet as they began the arduous task of climbing the mountain's paths. I am excited! It has been many days since I was here last. You remember. he did not need to remind her of the waiting game she played for him, and Kigipigak certainly did not want to think about the hopeless feelings he had endured while he mended from the cougar attack — but the end result was something that had changed both of their lives.

A knowing look crosses his features. He smiles to her, kisses her cheek, and then looks over one shoulder to where @Akkuma practically sulks up the hill. Come on now, its not far now that we've reached the mountain. And even before he has finished encouraging the boy, his brother @Kivaluk comes bounding along the trail and nearly collides with him at the hocks. Kigigipigak grins to them both.

Further back he can see @Cerne and @Amalia walking together; the shaman with his bundle, and Amalia with a collection of gifts that the family had amassed during their travels, bundled in familiar rabbit hide. He does not watch them for long. It will be an hour of constant careful maneuvering to get the family to their first rest stop, another couple before they are nearly at the village limits. When they arrive, out of breath and hungry, Kigipigak's spirit has not waned.

It is here that he raises his voice to croon a note for the moonwoman, her sunman, and those of Moonglow. Kukutux! I come with a surprise!
Messages In This Thread
kitungagitka - by Kigipigak - June 13, 2022, 04:27 PM
RE: kitungagitka - by Sakhmet - June 13, 2022, 04:56 PM
RE: kitungagitka - by Kukutux - June 14, 2022, 01:23 PM
RE: kitungagitka - by Callyope - June 14, 2022, 01:31 PM
RE: kitungagitka - by Stratos - June 14, 2022, 03:09 PM
RE: kitungagitka - by Mojag - June 14, 2022, 03:38 PM
RE: kitungagitka - by Amalia - June 14, 2022, 04:52 PM
RE: kitungagitka - by Rodyn - June 14, 2022, 04:57 PM
RE: kitungagitka - by Aiolos - June 15, 2022, 02:34 PM
RE: kitungagitka - by Ariadne - June 17, 2022, 09:09 AM
RE: kitungagitka - by Shikoba - June 19, 2022, 10:13 PM