Moonglow
Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,233 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kigipigak trusted that his son would be on his best behavior, more-so than the new recruit, but over time they would bond as fellow warriors; it was the way of things. He wondered to himself if this was what @Kukutux felt when making a match and immediately regretted the mental image that emerged of the two which flashed through his mind: side by side, issumatar and sangilak. Clearly Kigipigak had other things on his mind that were interfering with this arrangement.

I will leave you two to discuss your plans. He announced, as Tulukiri began engaging in proper conversation. Tulukiri, you may be older and more experienced with things, but do not underestimate my son. It will be your downfall in this training if you rely too strongly on your pride. That was a good warning to them both, but he leveled it against the golden girl for all he knew of her.

And Kivaluk — he did not quite know what to say to him, as he looked upon his son and felt somehow an absence, not of love or pride but of something he could not name. The boy truly had grown in to himself while Kigipigak was away; but he could not become maudlin (he was not built for it, nor was it appropriate) and so he cleared his throat.

This is a good chance for you to grow ever stronger. She may be an unconventional teacher at times, but I expect you to listen and to learn, and to show me in time that you are her equal, or her better. With that said he looked proudly upon his son a moment, and then moved like a father might to grasp the shoulder of his son, a rare moment of physical affection that was on the side of awkward.

I have work to do now, to catch up on things around the village. Good luck to the both of you.

Away he went, then, to leave the pair alone to hash things out properly.
Messages In This Thread
kinnaktuk - by Kigipigak - September 15, 2022, 02:21 PM
RE: kinnaktuk - by Kivaluk - September 15, 2022, 02:36 PM
RE: kinnaktuk - by Tulukiri - September 15, 2022, 02:43 PM
RE: kinnaktuk - by Kigipigak - September 15, 2022, 02:48 PM
RE: kinnaktuk - by Kivaluk - September 16, 2022, 08:00 AM
RE: kinnaktuk - by Tulukiri - September 16, 2022, 11:15 AM
RE: kinnaktuk - by Kigipigak - September 16, 2022, 11:23 AM
RE: kinnaktuk - by Kivaluk - September 16, 2022, 12:47 PM
RE: kinnaktuk - by Tulukiri - September 16, 2022, 03:03 PM
RE: kinnaktuk - by Kivaluk - September 19, 2022, 10:07 AM
RE: kinnaktuk - by Tulukiri - September 19, 2022, 08:15 PM