Moonglow
Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,223 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kigipigak's tail swayed as he listened to Amalia. She was genuine with her empathy, and kind-hearted, both things he did not expect from a wolf of Tartok and yet, he was glad she was among them. She was not a proven anneriwok or anything close to a warrior by those standards - but she could be, and Kigipigak hoped her heart would continue to be her strength.

She tested the air with a word she only half-knew, and Kigipigak chuckled as he heard it. Sangilak. It is the word for the protector, the husband. I am sure one day Kivaluk would make a fine one eventually. Perhaps there is a strong Issumatar out there in the world who would choose him! I can only hope, in the future. But this was a match-making conversation, suddenly, and Kigipigak was not equipped for it. This was a conversation to be had by women in their circle, not by the hunter or the warrior.

Kivaluk is learning. He will be anneriwok for some time, and when he is ready I will test him. I forsee great things for my son! He will be a worthy warrior of Tartok, like myself, and those that came before. He was boasting now - as much about himself as he was his son - which wasn't out of the ordinary.

If you have need of me in the future, Amalia, do not be afraid to seek me out. There are many things for me to do now that I have returned! I must see to my son, and to my wife, his eyes flashed with new warmth as he turned from Amalia's presence, as if a siren's song had begun to play that only he could hear. He did not wait, and soon was away.
Messages In This Thread
Watching - by Amalia - September 16, 2022, 11:31 AM
RE: Watching - by Kigipigak - September 16, 2022, 11:45 AM
RE: Watching - by Amalia - September 16, 2022, 01:37 PM
RE: Watching - by Kigipigak - September 23, 2022, 11:39 AM
RE: Watching - by Amalia - September 23, 2022, 08:48 PM
RE: Watching - by Kigipigak - September 23, 2022, 09:40 PM
RE: Watching - by Amalia - September 23, 2022, 09:47 PM
RE: Watching - by Kigipigak - October 03, 2022, 11:44 AM
RE: Watching - by Amalia - October 03, 2022, 12:48 PM
RE: Watching - by Kigipigak - October 09, 2022, 08:44 PM