Duskfire Glacier The Fall of the House of Usher
Pledged
Dragonspine
902 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
They strode along in comfortable silence for a stretch of time, Masquerade slowing and stopping when Tulukiri did. Her head canted questioningly, though she quickly picked up on the sounds which had brought them to a halt. Like her cohort, she listened and tried to identify what they were hearing. Before she could arrive at any kind of conclusion, Tulukiri motioned them onward.

Soon after that, they came to a break in the trees. The ground sloped underfoot in a familiar way, Masquerade maneuvering as easily as a mountain goat as they approached a drop. It was fortunate that balancing came so naturally to her, because the astounding view below them captured her attention entirely.

Masquerade stared for a long time, her marigold gaze leaping from one beast to another, until she grew dizzy with it. She sipped in a breath, quivering with excitement and nerves in nearly equal measure. She could feel her heart thundering against her ribs, her whole body rocking and swaying to its rhythm.

Her companion’s voice earned an inquisitive glance. She followed Tulukiri’s eye line and spotted the pair of wolves in the distance. She wondered if they would make any kind of move while she was here to watch. Masque felt an unexpected flush of camaraderie and inclusion as her gaze swept from them back to Tulukiri.

This, she breathed, is awesome.

She could—and would, in fact—sit at rapt attention for hours.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
The Fall of the House of Usher - by Masquerade - October 24, 2022, 02:55 PM
RE: The Fall of the House of Usher - by Tulukiri - October 24, 2022, 03:08 PM
RE: The Fall of the House of Usher - by Masquerade - October 24, 2022, 03:20 PM
RE: The Fall of the House of Usher - by Tulukiri - November 03, 2022, 07:15 PM
RE: The Fall of the House of Usher - by Masquerade - November 03, 2022, 07:30 PM
RE: The Fall of the House of Usher - by Tulukiri - November 15, 2022, 06:52 PM
RE: The Fall of the House of Usher - by Masquerade - November 16, 2022, 10:20 AM
RE: The Fall of the House of Usher - by Tulukiri - November 17, 2022, 06:47 PM
RE: The Fall of the House of Usher - by Masquerade - November 22, 2022, 11:25 AM