Lion Head Mesa you bring out the worst in me
416 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ugh, even worse that she acknowledged she had no right and then did it anyway. Charles glared sharply at her, as though he was contemplating taking action; but what such action could he take, anyway? And what excuses could he use for it? Nothing. He stared at Tavina, who was suddenly a symbol of everything that was wrong with him. A strong woman who would tell him what he was doing wrong. Tonic? He did not recognise the word. Charles' blurred sight roved over the things she had put out. Watery moss, ugh, pass... Some other herbs... Was he supposed to eat those? Charles did not want to be seen for the incompetent man that he really was, and he did not dare to ask her what was the 'tonic'. So he lapped some of the water off the moss to stall, and then decided to just inhale and chew on all of the herbs that were laid out, hoping that was what he was supposed to do.

Tavina, just like when she had found him out by the creek, just like when she had first taken him into Akashingo, started to try and, what... help him? Why?? Charles did not understand this at all. Ramesses wanted him to drink with him... Well, he did that, too, but he also drank alone. Besides, he knew so little of court that the pressure of going out was just so enormous! How would he know how to behave? The wedding ceremony seemed to have gone well enough, because he could just sort of follow what he was literally being told to do in the moment. But after that... Well, of course he had, you know, with Lilitu. He didn't understand what'd gone wrong. The shame of not producing children — and the empty meaninglessness of the parentless life — was too much. And so he drank.

Bathe.

Become a prince.

Charles' gaze, as he chewed on the herbs, reflected a mistrust. The why? was clear in the glaze over his eyes, wary, pondering if it was all a trick. If she would trick him into failing again. He just didn't understand! There was a vague hint of gratefulness too, but honestly, it was very hidden; because he was too afraid that he might be wrong to trust her. And he was too afraid to fall even further than where he was, now.
Messages In This Thread
you bring out the worst in me - by Charles - November 02, 2022, 09:43 AM
RE: you bring out the worst in me - by Tavina - November 03, 2022, 08:22 PM
RE: you bring out the worst in me - by Charles - November 04, 2022, 04:34 AM
RE: you bring out the worst in me - by Tavina - November 12, 2022, 11:09 PM
RE: you bring out the worst in me - by Charles - November 13, 2022, 05:09 PM
RE: you bring out the worst in me - by Tavina - November 14, 2022, 01:25 PM
RE: you bring out the worst in me - by Charles - November 16, 2022, 06:47 AM
RE: you bring out the worst in me - by Tavina - December 12, 2022, 03:18 PM
RE: you bring out the worst in me - by Charles - December 14, 2022, 05:36 AM
RE: you bring out the worst in me - by Tavina - December 14, 2022, 05:36 PM