Pledged
Dragonspine
903 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
All Welcome 
Masquerade followed a scent trail eastward into the neighboring grotto. At its edge, she came upon a freshly dead squirrel. She squinted at the corpse, uncertain what might’ve killed it. There was no blood, no marks on its small body. She sniffed closer and detected a peculiarity in the scent, though it didn’t mean anything to her.

Wariness prevented her from scavenging the dead animal, though it didn’t stop her from continuing to inspect it, curious about the manner of its death. Masque nosed at its body—limp and still a little warm too—until it flopped onto its back. Her eyes were drawn to the poor rodent’s pale underside, particularly a comically over-sized pair of testicles.

May he rest in peace, I guess, the young she-wolf mused, stepping backward and leaving the body behind as she began walking back toward the rise. Unless he wasn’t a he at all, a voice in the back of her mind muttered, causing her brow to furrow.

Ever since her encounter with Panacea, she had felt a little confused, for lack of a better word. Biological sex had seemed very straightforward to her until she’d crossed paths with him. Now, she wasn’t so sure. And furthermore, she occasionally found herself wondering if she really felt like a she… honestly, Masque wanted nothing to do with sex in any of its forms or meanings.

Masquerade reached the foot of the rise and dropped their snout, combing for a fresh scent to track.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
On Top of Spaghetti - by Masquerade - December 15, 2022, 12:18 AM
RE: On Top of Spaghetti - by Ashlar - December 19, 2022, 12:27 PM
RE: On Top of Spaghetti - by Masquerade - December 19, 2022, 12:58 PM
RE: On Top of Spaghetti - by Ashlar - December 26, 2022, 01:54 PM
RE: On Top of Spaghetti - by Masquerade - December 26, 2022, 11:32 PM