Moonglow
Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,233 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
He was not alone for long. What Kigipigak thought was perhaps a large bear, turned out to be a large man instead; but there was still an idle threat about him, something to be wary of. Kigipigak rarely met beings of such size and he knew from previous experience that individuals with physical power were to be carefully monitored. The appearance of the brutish man did segregate Kigipigak's thoughts: he focused less on what he'd left behind and saw now the possibilities of what stood before himself.

The man held a warning in his posture. It was his voice that carried the truth: that this was claimed land. Kigipigak knew that; he'd found trace scents of wolves as he'd prowled on the hunt.

Is that the name of your village? Swiftcurrent? The other man did not look much like a hunter - more a brawler, someone fit for Tartok most assuredly. Kigipigak took a daring glance toward's the man's face and saw the white ring on his eye, then cast his eyes aside deferentially. I am a hunter. If I hunt for your people, would you allow me to stay?

He did not know for how long - if they would even see value in another mouth, another set of teeth - but Kigipigak knew better than to roam alone for any length of time while winter persisted. And he could not go home.
Messages In This Thread
sagvagiksuk - by Kigipigak - January 03, 2023, 12:25 AM
RE: sagvagiksuk - by Arric - January 03, 2023, 06:34 AM
RE: sagvagiksuk - by Kigipigak - January 03, 2023, 05:18 PM
RE: sagvagiksuk - by Arric - January 03, 2023, 05:43 PM
RE: sagvagiksuk - by Jakoul - January 03, 2023, 05:24 PM
RE: sagvagiksuk - by Kigipigak - January 03, 2023, 05:51 PM
RE: sagvagiksuk - by Arric - January 03, 2023, 06:00 PM
RE: sagvagiksuk - by Kigipigak - January 03, 2023, 06:03 PM
RE: sagvagiksuk - by Arric - January 03, 2023, 06:09 PM
RE: sagvagiksuk - by Kigipigak - January 03, 2023, 06:12 PM