Redhawk Caldera You're nothing but a pack of smokes and a bag of tricks.
Brecheliant
Family
804 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
sorry to skip, just want to keep this moving <3 so we can wrap it! If anyone has issues let me know, otherwise this will be my last post

It broke her heart to hear Sorana cry, to know she thought they were hurting Reyes further, but Bridget couldn’t allow that to stop her. She tried until she knew, and at that point she stood, her expression carefully held. She couldn’t fall apart right here. Of all of them, she needed to hold this moment together.

Sorana, I’m sorry. We needed to try and keep his heart going, to see if we could save him. But he’s gone.

She looked at Teya, glad that she and Sorana had each other to cling to in that moment, then touched Bronco on the shoulder. Thank you, for trying. His attempts had given her something to continue, and if he hadn’t been here, there would have been no hope at all. We did everything we could. There was nothing else. She knew better than to blame either of them and wasn’t sure that he wouldn’t. He looked stricken.

She gave Reyes’ body a last check, feeling hopelessly for a pulse that was not there and gently closing his eyes. She wanted to ensure he was arranged with dignity, and appeared as though merely sleeping, before she stepped back and allowed them a moment. She closed his muzzle gently, then pressed her nose to his forehead. Lead him home. she murmured softly, a quiet prayer to the Dark One who waited.

Then she moved aside, subdued, to give them some time. She would let Teya do what was needed and, when they were done, would take care of the burial herself. It didn’t matter what he had done or what they had decided for him. Sorana’s father deserved the same burial as any Brecheliant wolf, and she would seek Maia and Eljay to see where that might be.