Wheeling Gull Isle in the summer of 07, i was sure i'd go to heaven
Rivenwood
Ash

i'd be a believer
if it was all just song and dance
208 Posts
Ooc — Twin
All Welcome 
forgive the long ass post i have a lot of muse lolol but AW if u feel like dealing with a sad puppy, could also be RO

Dinah Redhawk was a lover of God.
It was a love she felt she was born with, one that consumed her every waking moment, one that followed her! Before she ate every meal, she gave thanks to Him and asked H
im to bless her family's feast with His golden beacon. Before she slept at night, she pleaded for Him to watch over her little sleeping form, and she thanked Him for doing so at the first light of dawn. It was nearly compulsive, the enthusiasm and fervor she had! And it made her feel so proud when Mama and Daddy shared the love with her.
They spoke of His grace, His strength, His kindness. Mama sang her hymns and Dinah often joined her when she could. Daddy prayed with her; she started to learn the words to the hymns, the scripture, and her little heart grew bigger with love for God every day. 

That was, until four little muppets arrived. 
And what scared her about this so much was that their very presence almost made her question Him. 
It frightened her; a fear that seeped into her little bones when the thought even crossed her mind. She was taught to trust Him, to believe Him, to love Him. Everything has a reason! Every life has purpose! Every soul has an opalescent core, a beautiful rimlight that shimmers and shines. Never question Him. She hadn't before, so why was she now? 
She wished He would speak to her. She wished He would tell her why these darklings were here! Why did her brothers, her Mama, her Daddy, Gramma Towhee, Uncle Ev— all seem to love them so effortlessly, but not her? Why did no one care about her anymore? Was she too old? Was she ugly? Was she mean? 
She felt as if, maybe, she missed some kind of memo. She felt as if God had excluded her from it on purpose. 
And it angered her. It angered her so greatly that He would not speak to her! And she hated that she was angry with Him; she hated it so much! She hated everything!

And on this night, she slips out from between a sleeping Judah and a snoring Simeon. Carefully, slowly, she exits through the lip of the den and seeks out her favorite rock to rest upon. It took her one, two, three, four — four tries, but she scrambles atop it, plopping down with a milkbreath huff. Readjusting, she sits up tall with her gaze tilted to the glow of the moon, and silently, she apologizes to God. 

in-post edit: changed the date on this for the night of the 27th, before the thread with abel
Messages In This Thread
in the summer of 07, i was sure i'd go to heaven - by Dinah - June 28, 2023, 11:14 PM