Wheeling Gull Isle but i was hedging my bets at vbs
Rivenwood
Ash

i'd be a believer
if it was all just song and dance
208 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Limit Two 
open to any of the older sibs! also making a TON of assumptions, lmk if not okay

When Dinah thought of her birth-family, it was getting increasingly hard for her to decipher her slowly cementing opinions of them.
Mama. The pearl at the center of the clam, the figurehead, the lifegiver. She loved Mama, the fierceness of her gaze and the sweetness of her voice. But the older she grew, the more disconnected from her she felt. She wasn't quite sure why. A busy woman, she was, and Dinah felt as if she saw her less and less as the spring had melted into summer; and the youngest babes of Sweetharbor had been the nail in the coffin, sweeping her away and catching her in their spider web. In the little girl's head, she just saw it as Mama having no time for her anymore.
Perhaps this is why she clung so hard to Daddy, her mirror; she spent a good many of her days with him, even idly. But Daddy was worn as of late, a glassiness to his gaze that Dinah didn't quite understand, and try as she might, he wouldn't tell her what was wrong.
This brought her to @Simeon, her dear eldest brother, her rock. Of all eight pups, she often found herself drawn to him; the sweetness of seafoam when he looks to her, the strength and fondness within his hugs, the whisper-shouting in the middle of the night. She hadn't spoken to him much lately. She didn't know the reason for that, either.
@Judah; the soot-striped child stricken with fear, the one she felt responsible for when Simeon wasn't. She loved him just as much as anyone else; she held him during his nightmares, showered him with trinkets, listened to his talks of The Shadow Man when no one else would. They were polar opposites in many ways, and nonetheless it was embraced. She longed to bring him with her on her scavenger hunts one day.
But he was often peeled away by the long claws of @Malakai. They were twins — sure, yeah, whatever, they all were born on the same day, those two just happened to look alike! Malakai was the most confusing to her of anyone. His world revolved around Judah and Judah alone, and no one else could even touch Judah when he was around. When she thought about it, she could probably count on one paw the amount of times Malakai had even looked at her. He was cold, bossy; uncaring. She wanted to offer him her hand, to love and bond with him as much as she did everyone else — but some invisible wall had been put between them. She wished she understood why exactly she didn't trust him. It made her feel so evil! He was her brother, they all were — so why was his image so muddied in her mind?
The thoughts run around in circles inside her head as she sits at the edge of the denmouth, pushing a small rock between her forepaws. Left, right, left, right, left, right. Family is stupid. Feelings are stupid. She doesn't know anything, and she misses Gramma Towhee.
Messages In This Thread
but i was hedging my bets at vbs - by Dinah - July 21, 2023, 04:12 PM
RE: but i was hedging my bets at vbs - by Judah - July 25, 2023, 04:37 PM
RE: but i was hedging my bets at vbs - by Dinah - July 25, 2023, 04:56 PM
RE: but i was hedging my bets at vbs - by Judah - July 25, 2023, 05:03 PM
RE: but i was hedging my bets at vbs - by Dinah - July 26, 2023, 12:38 PM
RE: but i was hedging my bets at vbs - by Judah - July 27, 2023, 06:14 PM
RE: but i was hedging my bets at vbs - by Dinah - July 31, 2023, 04:52 PM
RE: but i was hedging my bets at vbs - by Judah - August 01, 2023, 11:09 AM
RE: but i was hedging my bets at vbs - by Dinah - August 01, 2023, 11:55 AM
RE: but i was hedging my bets at vbs - by Judah - August 10, 2023, 01:37 PM
RE: but i was hedging my bets at vbs - by Dinah - August 12, 2023, 11:21 AM