Moonglow
Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,224 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
This talk only further reminded Kaluktuk of his ex-wife.

They had made similar promises. They had been equally enamored by the act of lovemaking, and the prospect of their future together. Their children had come and their lives had reached a level of perfection that could not sustain itself, and then things had faltered and crumbled apart, much like sea ice in summer.

A moonwoman is a mighty being, Ariadne was saying, drawing Kaluktuk back to the present rather than his past-life worries. I will teach her all that I know.

As will I, which was something he had pledged of his sons, yet failed to follow-through with. Gone were the moments of pure potential. Kaluktuk had once thought to raise his sons in the image that had been passed down to him by father and grandfather, by mother, by aunt and uncle; these moments he had let slip by once, and pledged now to himself, never again.

They will grow to know the ways of Tartok, and those of your sunshine people. They will be strong and fierce, as warriors and hunters, and as they grow they will take their own villages so that our legacy will rival that of your mother's. And he would make sure of this. They would know of spirits but more importantly, their own power.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Messages In This Thread
[m] in the middle of the night in my dreams - by Ariadne - December 28, 2023, 03:13 PM
RE: n the middle of the night in my dreams - by Kigipigak - December 28, 2023, 05:38 PM
RE: in the middle of the night in my dreams - by Ariadne - December 28, 2023, 06:25 PM
RE: in the middle of the night in my dreams - by Kigipigak - December 28, 2023, 07:48 PM
RE: in the middle of the night in my dreams - by Ariadne - December 28, 2023, 08:15 PM
RE: in the middle of the night in my dreams - by Kigipigak - December 28, 2023, 08:19 PM
RE: [m] in the middle of the night in my dreams - by Ariadne - December 28, 2023, 08:36 PM
RE: [m] in the middle of the night in my dreams - by Ariadne - December 28, 2023, 08:56 PM
RE: [m] in the middle of the night in my dreams - by Ariadne - December 28, 2023, 09:18 PM
RE: [m] in the middle of the night in my dreams - by Kigipigak - December 28, 2023, 09:25 PM
RE: [m] in the middle of the night in my dreams - by Ariadne - December 28, 2023, 10:08 PM
RE: [m] in the middle of the night in my dreams - by Ariadne - December 29, 2023, 09:19 AM