Shadewood you wake on the floor holding a knife, a bottle and a handful of black fur
Pledged
Dragonspine
902 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Conception 
Wincing with every step, Masquerade limped toward the river that formed the territory’s eastern border. She considered veering a little south to stop along the bank shared with the isle, though she didn’t want to risk running into Ines this morning. She chose a spot overlooking the slough, figuring that very few would venture there.

As soon as she reached the river bend, she waded into the shallows. The water was cold, which was ideal. Masque eased into a squat, looking very much like she was urinating into the rapids. She hissed as the current washed over her wounds, though soon there was relief as the frigid temperatures numbed the pain.

She slowly shifted onto her good hip, so she looked less ridiculous and vulnerable. With her back to Shadewood, Masquerade scanned the nearby swamp for any sign of life. The late March morning was still, the overcast sky hinting at an imminent cloudburst, but the trees at her back were filled with birdsong.

Knowing @Riley would worry about her if she was absent too long, Masque eventually forced herself to all fours. She stepped onto the shore and let herself drip, teeth clicking together as the dull, throbbing pain in her thigh returned along with the other sensations in her posterior. After giving herself a very careful shake, she turned to assess the wounds.

The punctures didn’t look bad, all things considered. They were already forming scabs. Masque licked at them quite tenderly, then froze with a knit in her brow as the metallic odor of blood filled her nose. She drew back her head to pinpoint the bleeding but all the scabs remained intact.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)