Shadewood kick up a stink
Pledged
Dragonspine
903 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
He didn’t doubt them. She should’ve found these words reassuring, yet they only made her feel guilty. Her eyes fixed on a spot on the ground as Riley continued whispering reassurances. Masque’s heart clenched when he mentioned their children knowing nothing but love.

There was a quiet ferocity in the look she gave him then, though it was only the vehemence of total agreement. She nodded. There was a reason they were called maternal instincts, though Masquerade was going to do so much more than simply make sure these puppies survived. She was going to—she already did—treasure them.

I know. You’re right. You’re going to be a great dad too. It’s just… She drew in a breath, released it on a sigh. It’s just hard, having no support outside of each other. And if it’s hard now, what is it going to be like when they’re here? Masque whispered throatily.

It had all been fun and games until they’d both gotten hurt. Those injuries served as a humbling reminder. They needed to recruit another wolf if they hoped to make this work. Just one other would make such an enormous difference, Masquerade was certain of it.

I’ll go next door and try to convince Ines to join forces, she posited aloud. Maybe I could track down Sable too, Masque added, unaware that neither one of them was in the Teekons any longer.

She lifted onto all fours, shaking leaf litter from her pelt as she nudged Riley. Masque’s touch was apologetic. She felt awful for dragging him down with her today, no matter what it implied about her pregnancy.

And if that doesn’t work out, we’ll figure it out from there. It’s like you said: we’re going to be alright. We’re going to make it. As long as it’s you and me—and them—against the world.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
kick up a stink - by Masquerade - April 11, 2024, 12:59 PM
RE: kick up a stink - by Riley - April 11, 2024, 01:33 PM
RE: kick up a stink - by Masquerade - April 11, 2024, 02:59 PM
RE: kick up a stink - by Riley - April 15, 2024, 06:56 PM
RE: kick up a stink - by Masquerade - April 16, 2024, 09:12 AM
RE: kick up a stink - by Riley - April 22, 2024, 09:57 AM
RE: kick up a stink - by Masquerade - April 22, 2024, 10:13 AM
RE: kick up a stink - by Riley - April 26, 2024, 09:17 AM
RE: kick up a stink - by Masquerade - April 26, 2024, 09:42 AM