Blacktail Deer Plateau For customer service press one
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
All Welcome 
trying to get back into posting. Anyone want to do a hunting thread? We have a small herd in the plateau. I was gonna do roll per move. @Kavik @Liri @Issun @Ruenna @Uruuk

The air grew chillier and chillier and she found this to be absolutely unpleasant. In her Homeland the cold wasn't normally this bitter and harsh. The sun normally shined down through the clouds even when it did get cold, but here the clouds were gray and nasty. To keep warm she ran through the territory, tail streaming behind her nose taking in all the scents on the breeze. A strong scent grabbed her attention, the smell of deer which made her grin as she switched direction.

Arriving in a flat open part of the plateau, she watched the small herd graze. She crouched low to be unseen and eyed the herd, scanning each one. The buck was healthy and in his prime, he would provide many offspring. There were two young does that she also cast out as prey. The last two options were a skinny and frail old doe, or a healthy one with more meat on her bones nearing old age. Killing the old one wouldn't provide much for the pack, so she selected the aging but healthy one and howled for the pack.
Merc. Mastery: 6/20
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
At Minori's call, the healer's head popped up suddenly from a deep hole in the ground. She'd found a large hole created by some mysterious means and had worked tirelessly on widening it, digging it deeper so as to make a cache that could hold large game. The pack had had a few successful hunts and they needed more room for the stored carcasses lest they spoil and go to waste. 

Clambering from the hole might have presented a challenge once but the fae's legs had grown strong in order to make up for the one she could not use. With a heft of her upper body, she lifted herself from the pit and loped towards the heart of their territory. 

She approached the Masuyo, imaging that she looked quite the mess as she was practically covered in dirt, eyes alight with curiosity. Her eyes fell on the small herd, surprised to see them grazing on the plateau when it smelled so strongly of the pack. Perhaps they were in desperate need of water and had been unable to wait and make the trip to Whitefish River. Either way, it spelled fortune for the wolves of Blacktail and Liri turned to the dark she wolf excitedly.

"Excellent, I've been working on a cache big enough for deer," the leader murmured softly, so as to not startle the deer, in the tone of a co-conspirator.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

18 Posts
Ooc —
It feels so strange to post in the same thread with two different toons lol

Uruuk was currently patrolling. She'd figured it was the best way to familiarise herself with the territory and brownie points for doing something useful. The call echoed distantly from a pack member she didn't recognize but she responded all the same, eager to make herself available to the pack's use. Just because Grezig had let her in for being her sister didn't mean that was the only thing she had to be.

As she approached she was met with two unfamiliar females that she had yet to meet - one dark with silver patches over her sea foam eyes and the other small, white, and very scarred. She dipped her head respectfully, fully aware that these two outranked her, and stopped near them. 

A herd of deer lingered in the open clearing at the center of the plateau, drawing her eye as her tail wagged with the prospect of fresh meat. 

"Just give me some instructions and I'll do whatever you need me to," she said quietly, a small but friendly smile on her honey features.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Ooh I can't stand that, personally. If I have two toons in the same pack, I usually make them hate each other. For that reason. xD

Over the moons that Rue had been with Blacktail Deer Plateau, she had responded to enough calls from the flat midsection of the plateau to know what Minori's howl meant. No doubt the dark warrior wished to bring down one of the deer for which their pack was named, and she was seeking the assistance of her packmates. 

By the time Rue reached Minori, a small group had gather around her. If not for her smell Rue might not have recognized Liri, as her usual moonbeam-colored fur was obscured beneath a layer of fresh dirt. Rue gave small nods of greeting to Minori and Liri, and she offered the unfamiliar face a welcoming smile. "Me too," she agreed softly with the new recruit's words. "I'm Ruenna," she added, attempting to meet the agouti's gaze.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
4 wolves may cause some issues hunting, we can give it a go though? Unless @Kavik and @Issun still want in?

Minori was proud when the pack answered her call, finding it made her happy that they trusted her and would always come if needed. Liri arrived first and she gave a sway of her tail, smiling to greet the woman as she said it was good coincidence that she spotted the herd. Next came a stranger to her but one that smelled clearly of the pack. She eyed the female scrutinizingly for a moment but relaxed when the quiet female offered her help. Then came Ruenna who she gave a ready smile to, having met and liked the woman already. "Toward the left of the herd is a aged doe, healthy but easy to wear down and finish off. I'd suggest Ruenna and...you, go to separate the doe from the herd." she said motioning the female she didn't know. "Me and Liri will be slowly heading toward the doe to attack when the rest of the herd is gone, then you two come help. Sound good?" she looked at them all. She had seen Liri in action and trusted her most to be by her side in taking the deer down.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
issun had been fashionably late, being that he was at the far end of the territory when the call went out. luckily for him, he arrived just in time to listen to minori’s plan. once she finished, he walked to her side, offering her a questioning look and asking, “what do you want me to do?
common | japanese
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
I thought of that but I can't really see Liri and Uruuk just hating each other, they're both rather non-aggressive XD

Another arrived, an agouti that she momentarily mistook for Grezig. Her brow furrowed in confusion, for she thought the Beta to be out in search of Illidan's kin. As the newcomer neared, the fae could make out a few discerning differences in the two and came to realize that the woman was a stranger. Her head dipped slightly in welcome, offering a smile to the three wolves who soon gathered - the stranger, Ruenna, and Issun.

Her freckled crown turned towards Minori as she spoke, nodding attentively as the dark bird laid out the plan. She moved subconsciously towards the Masuyo's side, getting into position for the hunt.

18 Posts
Ooc —
"Uruuk," she supplied softly when the dark woman motioned to her. Her champagne gaze lifted to take in a silver colored female and an ebony male. 

She fell into position with the silver woman as she waited for a signal from the others to begin. Anticipation and nerves swirled in her veins, for she was eager to prove herself to her new pack but not so eager to mess up a hunt in front of them.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik had been down in the flatlands near the river and had caught the faint sound of Minori's call. It sounded like another pack hunt, which he always greatly enjoyed. The alpha turned, inky paws flying across the grasslands as he sprinted back towards the plateau. He had made this trip so often, that he barely even had to concentrate on where he was going, his muscle memory guiding his body to weave and turn wherever needed.

As he crossed back over their borders, he slowed and lifted his nose in the air to capture the scent of his packmates before quickening his pace again to sprint in their direction. When he reached the group, they seemed to be pairing off and studying the plateau's herd of deer in the distance. Kavik moved next to his mate, nuzzling her in greeting as he stopped. I apologize for being late, he offered to the group. What do you need from me, he asked, looking at Minori.
I'm no good without you
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Post order is not needed any longer. This starts a new round which will end on Nov. 9

Minori acknowledged the stranger's name by giving a polite "nice to meet you" and then turning to Issun who had arrived in the middle of her plans. She smiled at him and was about to give him a place when Kavik also arrived. She silently cheered, now they had enough wolves to take down the deer. "Issun, go with Ruenna and Uruuk. Kavik you can help Liri and me take down the doe when they separate and run her. Then we all come together and take it down" she was grateful that they allowed her to lay down the plan and accepted them so readily.

Satisfied that the plan would go well she nodded and motioned for Ruenna, Issun and Uruuk to head off. As they did she held back, waiting for them to get a start before she looked at Liri and Kavik and motioned for the three of them to begin to head toward the doe.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Ruenna gave Uruuk a nod of welcome as the woman introduced herself. Another new recruit arrived, and this one Minori seemed to know. Issun, she called him. He was added to her and Uruuk's party. Rue readily accepted the role that Minori assigned-- she had always been fleet-footed and was used to being the chaser during a pack hunt. 

Minori nodded for their little party to set out, and the three began to make their approach. "Issun.." Rue spoke, voice low so as not to alert the herd. "Perhaps you could work on turning away the larger bucks?" Issun was far larger than Rue and Uruuk, and he would have the most success with the more formidable deer. "Uruuk, one of us can work on directing the target doe toward Minori's group. The other can help Issun turn away the rest of the herd." She looked expectantly to Uruuk, waiting to hear her choice.
18 Posts
Ooc —
She was grouped with the silver woman - Ruenna - and the dark male - Issun. Pale molten optics watched Minori and the leaders move away, turning to Ruenna as she spoke. 

Uruuk's head dipped in agreement, her head frozen mid-nod when she realized the silver was waiting for her to choose. "I can help Issun," she offered softly, choosing the more dangerous job.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
It felt good to let somebody else lead the hunt, as the resident hunter it was often she who called them together to take on game, and she agreed to Minori's instructions with a simple nod before moving to her mate's side. She'd been grouped with those who were chosen to take down the deer, falling into step with her two partners. 

Slinking to the undergrowth nearby on stealthy steps, Liri crouched alongside Kavik and Minori in wait. Tension filled the air as she waited for the chasing group to begin the hunt. 

let me know if I need to edit this, I assumed they were lying in wait for the deer?

574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Yep! The runners will get the doe going toward Minori, Liri and Kavik. Round two: The start of the attack! Feel free to roll for success. Ends on Nov. 13

Minori listened in as the Runner group organized themselves and headed out, while she slowly crept forward to the hiding spot. She could feel her muscles beginning to quiver with anticipation for this hunt, something about being the lead for it making her even more excited to take this doe down. She hid beside Liri her eyes focused on the herd in the distance, watching their behavior for signs that they were spooked. A few of the young bucks lifted their heads and looked around warily and her breath caught, afraid they would sense the danger and bolt. Luck was on their side today however as the bucks simply lowered their heads back down to resume their grazing.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Uruuk chose to help Issun with turning away the rest of the herd, so that left Ruenna with steering the target doe toward the hunters. It was a job that took a significant amount of finesse, but Rue was trained in the necessary techniques and confident in her abilities. It did not escape her that Uruuk had volunteered for a dangerous job; Rue nodded to her in appreciative understanding before departing her and Issun's company. 

Rue slunk toward the herd, taking note when a few wary bucks began to look around. She paused in her approach and sank lower, waiting for them to resume their grazing before darting forward once more. When the doe stepped off toward the edge of the herd, Rue knew it was time to make her move. She cut into the herd like a hot knife, making a beeline for the target doe. She paid no mind to the rest of the herd, trusting Uruuk and Issun to take care of any danger that might approach her. With only eyes for the target doe, Rue raced beside the deer, nipping and lunging as she directed it toward Minori's hidden group.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik took his place next to Liri, Minori on her other side, and waited. He watched as Uruuk and Issun headed towards the herd with the plan to startle the rest of the deer while Ruenna herded their intended prey towards the three of them.

He remained silent and watchful as he waited for his cue to rise and begin his part of the hunt, exited gaze following every move their target made as the silver female began her pursuit, lunging at the doe's side and attempting to force it towards its imminent death.
I'm no good without you
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
last round since this seems to be dying. I'll give everyone till the 19th to post. The takedown is here!

Ruenna,Issun and Uruuk were successful in starting the doe running toward them and she tensed, muscles bunching as she waited until the right moment. As the doe grew close enough she sprung forward, leaping up and attaching herself to the shoulder, hind legs dragging to try and slow the doe to a halt.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
As the chasing group successfully broke off a doe for them to set their sights on, Liri hunkered low to the ground in preparation. Adrenaline set her limbs to trembling with excited energy, her heart pounding in her ears as she lay in wait.

Liri's group sprung from their hidden spot as the thud of hooves grew ever closer, until it seemed the doe would trample over them - startling the doe but she was far too close to balk now - and the leader hastened to turn on her paws and chase after the tetrapod. Kavik lunged for the doe's side, Minori clamping onto its shoulder as she drug her feet in an attempt to make the deer skid to a stop.

Finding herself on the opposite side of the deer, the healer leapt as soon as she was close enough without aim, blindly seeking a target; her fangs tore into the doe's shoulder, burying themselves deep in the muscles of her leg.

Between her injuries and the combined efforts of the three, the doe slowly came to halt and after a few heartbeats of swaying unsteadily - she crashed to the ground. 

574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
One by one everyone latched onto the deer after Liri had lunged and the Doe fell with an audible thud. She released her hold on the shoulder and went for the throat, clamping down and slowly crushing the windpipe. The Doe gave a few tired kicks and jerks but it did no good, she died within the next few minutes from various wounds and suffocation. Panting softly Minori wagged and released the deer, turning to face everyone "Great work! Thank you all. Should we drag it back or eat here?" she asked curiously. Whatever the decision was, she would help it get done and then have a good meal either way.

Last post here! If anyone wants to go again lemme know. Othewise I'll be Archiving asap!
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Once the deer succumbed to the pack, Kavik released his hold, looking to the group. His breathing came in exhilarated pants as he nodded his agreement to Minori. When she asked if they should drag the deer back, he nodded and took a position near its shoulder, ready to help move the carcass to the plateau. So far, it seemed they had a pack of very capable hunters, and they all appeared to work well together, which hopefully alluded to a long and prosperous future for the plateau wolves.
I'm no good without you
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Gonna archive this since it's so old!

Minori listened as the group spoke their agreement and took hold of the deer, dragging it with Liri's guidance toward the new cache she had dug. There Minori sent a call up to everyone not currently present to announce the meal, stepped back since she wasn't hungry and thanked everyone for their help. She dismissed herself politely and wandered off, musing over the fact that she seemed to get along quite well with everyone in the pack.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english