Firefly Ravine I was born to be free
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
edit: @Raleska didn't realize this was powerplay i'm sorry! if it's too much i can just have Aur stagger back ;o; didn't realize until after i wrote it

The last thing she would suspect was for a Rusalkan being ‘thrilled’ to see her. A notch in her muzzle made itself present, as did the frown of bewilderment and displeasure that now tugged at her lips. Aure began to rise to her paws, to step forward, to say, ”But, I am not their kind,“ because it was true. She wasn’t sea-wolf, she was—

—about to be slain by some hateful child, streaking for her with abysmal, screaming hate.

The skayona didn’t let herself think; as the dark she-wolf hurtled for her, Aure darted forward and dove beneath her open chest. With her thin, sharp shoulders, she forced herself UP into the yearling’s sternum. Finally, she drove their wild weight to one side, shoving Raleska away and off of her with it. Then, she staggered to a breathless halt, eyes wild and looking like some winter wraith from a myth, she just about fucking lost it; her voice strident and wrathful. Oh, were they in for it.

DRACULUI-THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN. YOU SAY THAT I AM OF DRAKRU, AND YET ALL I HAVE DONE IS HEAL AND HEAR. I HAVE NO SAY IN THE DECISIONS THAT ARE MADE AGAINST YOU. I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF HOW THIS WAR EVEN STARTED, AND HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST THAT I AM OF A LIKE MIND. ‘FIGHT OVER WHAT IS NOT MINE’? YOU REALLY THINK THAT I KNOW ZE HISTORY BEHIND ZE SOUND AND ZE CLIFFS AND HOW THIS ALL BEGAN? WHEN I CAME TO ZE CLIFFS, IT WAS ON ZE BRINK OF A WAR THAT I DIDN’T UNDERSTAND IN ZE SLIGHTEST.”

Rounding on them both, hot, blazing tears in her eyes and scars wrestling red red red, voice going hoarse with her plight and utter fury and utter helplessness at all of this and whatever the fuck just happened to her. Fuck if she knew Trig— NOMONJOKAS. WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT THE FUCK! FUCK! WILL A TIME EVER COME WHEN EVERYONE STOPS FUCKING PISSING ON ANOTHER? WHY DO WE NEED TO LINGER OVER THIS WAR INSTEAD OF LIVING OUR LIVES? FUCKING HEAVENS’ SAKE. FUCK YOUR FUCKING IDIOT CHILD. MINE WILL NOT WANT FOR WAR -- FUCKING SHIT MOTHER OF FUCK!”

And then, screeching into silence, Aure promptly began to cry. Hard. That sort of cry where your face is too-warm, you’re dribbling spittle and snot, and the salt stings and the tears just won’t stop. Horomones or no, she was unapologetically shameless for all the terrible things she just said... and she was so fucking tired.
Messages In This Thread
I was born to be free - by Rosalyn - February 05, 2019, 08:40 PM
RE: I was born to be free - by Andraste - February 06, 2019, 11:31 AM
RE: I was born to be free - by Rosalyn - February 06, 2019, 12:46 PM
RE: I was born to be free - by Andraste - February 06, 2019, 03:01 PM
RE: I was born to be free - by Rosalyn - February 06, 2019, 06:00 PM
RE: I was born to be free - by Andraste - February 06, 2019, 06:18 PM
RE: I was born to be free - by Rosalyn - February 06, 2019, 06:32 PM
RE: I was born to be free - by Raleska - February 06, 2019, 06:42 PM
RE: I was born to be free - by Andraste - February 06, 2019, 07:43 PM
RE: I was born to be free - by Rosalyn - February 06, 2019, 08:01 PM
RE: I was born to be free - by Raleska - February 06, 2019, 08:50 PM