Sun Mote Copse So find dodge, then get out of it
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Private 
Set for like...Later on today or something.

I swear, there isn't more than nature at play here. There isn't anything more than chance that seemed to step in and shine on Niamh, like the way the sun could sometimes peek out from the clouds during a snowstorm while the snowflakes still continued to fall, making it look like a beautiful snowglobe. There weren't bribes or threats, there wasn't someone holding the other end of the marionette strings, jiggling them this way and that as the marionette had already cut its own strings and had gone wandering off long ago; a loose balloon, lost but loving the view. So some things simply came together, not without effort of course, but then again, fate came in regardless of effort sometimes. So without breaking the beautiful introduction, the same could be said of Niamh, whose day brightened even as the snow fell as she made her way to find Colt. Some things simply happened at all the right moments. 

She'd called out for him as soon as she'd left Wildfire's company, as she didn't intend to waste time holding onto the good news, the way a child holds a parent's hand. This was a gift she couldn't wait to give, and she felt as though she shimmered and shone in the sudden wake of sunlight through the bleary grey clouds. Snow still fell around her in giant, fluffy flakes due to the warmth that was hanging on the air. She felt like she was one million percent, as though something had reached out and shocked her into wakefulness. And in this moment, there was only one wolf she wanted to spend each and every waking moment with, and that was @Colt.
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
She sounds happy, Colt thought as he hurried to answer Niamh's call.  Which was good, yeah?  He wasn't sure what would have happened to make her summon him, but luckily enough, he'd just been returning from his trip to explore more of the northern territory.  

He spotted her after not too long and jogged up, only slightly breathless.  Hey, I found this cute little spot up north, real pretty....  One of these days  they should go visit.  That wasn't obviously what she called him for, though, so he shifted quickly into what's goin on?  His bourbon gaze searched hers for clues on if anything was wrong, but quickly any fear of that was put to rest.  She seemed positively glowing with happiness.
Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Colt seemed to pick up on her mood immediately, but he seemed still capable of speech, though Niamh wasn't quite sure that she was. Every particle in her being had begun to resonate, as though the right chord had been struck and she was merely a stringed instrument, every acoustic bend and curve made for that particular resonance. Whatever string Wildfire had plucked when she'd given Niamh and Colt the permission to have children had seemingly flipped a switch within her that turned everything on. She hadn't been sure, before, what this would feel like- but she was sure of it now. Everything se was feeling was right. 

She swept right up to him, somewhat oblivious to what he was saying about whatever pretty place he'd found and in response she uttered a low, crooning note- almost possessive in nature- as she moved forward to nuzzle her muzzle into the fine and coarse fur of his neck. She inhaled his scent, and felt a longing, and though she could tell something within him was holding back (and rightfully so, given all their ups and downs) she hoped she'd put it to rest as she pressed her chest against his and exhaled. 

"We can. And I want to. Now." 

Maybe a bit vague, but she wasn't thinking incredibly straight. She remained close to him a moment longer before she nipped playfilly at his cheek, and then bounded back a few paces, dipping into a play bow. She teased him with a coy look, mouth hanging open just slightly, and she flicked her tongue over her lips. Part of her simply wanted nothing more than to surrender him- but she was young too, and was filled with a sense of wildness; without another word, she bounded off, tail waving merrily behind her. If he wanted her, he'd have to play her game of hard-to-get.
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
What exactly she was thinking was hard to pin down, but her overall mood was infectious as hell, and he caught himself smiling.  What was going on?

What she said really didn't help, and he experienced a moment's confusion as she crooned, gave that cryptic answer, and then playfully bounced away.  First off - holy fuck, hot.  Second off, what the hell? They could what?

Oh.

It took him a second, but he got there.  The fact that her low notes had pushed his mind that direction helped; it definitely wasn't a stretch, nor was he about to resist that kind of an invitation.  He didn't sort out that Niamh's words meant Wildfire had given her blessing, but just as he'd feared, right now that detail was pretty low on his list of considerations.

He let loose a playful growl and set to chasing, a loose smirk set in his own lips as he tried - but not too hard - to catch up.  When he did, he'd play her game, but wouldn't attempt to end the chase just yet.  They'd done this a few times (I assume oop) and he a good many times before.  It was more fun in the end if the chase lasted - and the longer he could resist, and taunt, to a point, the better.
Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Whether Colt understood that they'd been given permission or not could wait- as long as he seemed inclined to chase her and catch her, Niamh didn't care. She could explain everything later- and they wouldn't even have to beg for forgiveness! Well that was a first. She glanced coquettishly over her shoulder at Colt as he started to pursue her, but she wasn't going to make it easy- not when she had this amount of energy. So, like a border collie dog that has been inside for far too long, she was struck with a case of "the zoomies" and began to zig-zag this way and that at lightning speed. 

He was simply loping, the way he had before, but she hadn't exactly put him through too tough a test on the previous times they'd done this. This time, however, she meant business; and she knew she had the upper hand, given the fact that she could very easily attract the attention of every other male in the pack if she wanted to...Not that there really were many other available males. Just Epic, she thought- he must've been the only single male left, but she didn't want him. Still, Colt would have to work harder than he was if he wanted to catch her, so with a fiendish giggle, she put on another burst of speed and began to bolt away from him, hoping to spur him into action a bit more.
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
The challenge wasn't enough it seemed - she put on a burst of speed, but zig zagged enough that he could still keep up.  He kept intentionally at a distance to goad her.... and then she took off, and he was suddenly sprinting as well.

This time, he kept pace, and worked to close the gap.  He'd pull up alongside and give her ears a playful nip, goading her to go faster even, because was this all she had?  He was older - and this was too easy.  Or so his gaze said as he playfully looked at her while grinning.
Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Niamh gave Colt a fighting chance at first- after all, he was pretty damn fit regardless of how old he was- but when he nipped at her she slanted her gaze in his direction and grinned, baring her teeth at him playfully. He wanted speed? She had it. Those ridiculously long legs weren’t just for show after all, so with a playful growl, she changed lead and seemed to shift gears at the same time.

She flattened her ears and lowered her center of gravity as she shot forward, no longer moving in an erratic pattern but rather in a straight line, dashing past trees and over snowdrifts, tears pricking at the corners of her eyes. Now was her chance to really play hard to get.
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Oh, shit.  She took off in a blaze, and Colt actually did laugh out loud, her speed surprising some delight out of him.  Fuck, there was no way he was keeping up.  No one told him his mate was a goddamn lightning strike.  Ex-mate.  Whatever.

He turned on the speed as well, and despite how old he was becoming, his body was still thankfully hale.  He had felt the beginnings of what would become a plague of aches this winter, but for now, he could run.  He sprinted, letting his legs get into a pounding and freeing rhythm.

He just couldn't catch the wind.  For once he didn't mind.  He just hoped she tired out soon, because he wasn't letting her escape quite that easily.
Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Well shit. 

When she looked back over her shoulder, she could see Colt in the distance, plugging along, but he hadn't been able to keep up with the pace she'd set. She felt lightly disappointed- biologically, her instincts wanted her to push to find the strongest companion to father her kids- and Colt couldn't keep up with her. But she didn't need him to be the fastest runner ever- she had enough legs for the both of them. So she turned and shot back toward him, at the last moment skidding to a halt with her front half lowered and her tail waving in the air, wiggling her hips. She barked at him teasingly, and then skipped backwards to see if he'd make a lunge for her. She desparately wanted to see him move, but she had more than enough energy to dance around him for quite some time before tiring.
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Damn she was fast.  The older man had some speed, but he was more of a long range runner, and when it came to sprints he just didn't have that elastic drive.  He dogged her, keeping a laser focus on that golden flash.  Eventually, she'd start to slow. 

The hunt wasnt broken when she got tired, because of course, she wouldn't tire nearly as quick as he did.  Instead it was when she looped back and began to teasingly hop around her.  He did lunge in for a nip, then jumped, his own movements taking on a playful and dancing quality.

Luckily frequent travel, luck, and high spirits had kept his energy even across 6 years of life.  He may be nearing the edge of middle age but he was only beginning to see the slow down that would plague him as the years advanced.

So even though he was slightly winded, he jumped sideways, ducked, and then rose up to try and hook a foreleg on her.  He was trying to catch a sunbeam and hold it as his own.
Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Prolly good to fade it after this?

This way and that, Niamh dodged and struck out with nips and playful lunges, Colt mirroring her actions and getting the better of her now and again. She giggled, and began to lose her own concentration as he hooked one of his paws around her elbow, pulling it out from under her and nearly making her smack her jaw on the ground. With an amused growl, she gave up the tease and swept toward him, closing the distance and dodging another one of Colt's sweeping paws to bury her muzzle in the fur of his shoulder. She gently combed her teeth through the fur there, and chuckled. "C'mon," She said, "Let's go make some babies." She said. "Take me to that pretty place you were talking about," She volunteered, and stepped back for him to lead the way.
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
It was a dance they had done a few times and then some, but this time was different.  He was in turn playfully rough and gentle, reading and pushing her just as she pushed back.  They were always well matched.

Follow me, he answered with a sultry smirk and, with a brush of his tail along her side, led her away north towards Alpine Lake.  It was a small jaunt, but a place they could hide away for a time, sharing a little rest and.... ahem... recreation.