Arrow Lake & i wonder (not for the first time) what happened to your wings
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
Aure had no idea what she was doing. Love the children as she did, and ”motherdove” by Mahler — while sweet, she supposed — it didn’t do her good to be cooped up for what felt like eternity. It made her frenzied, as she was now. But she took in the sight of Verx, and his explicit offer of go-ahead... her lips thinned, all uncertain, despite her dubiously-amused expression. ”You once told me you... needed war. That you breathed for it. I need mountains, I think. I was born for them ze same way you were born for battle. But...”

Her eyes, thoughtful, found their way back to the spring-shrouded lake where Diaspora was settled, and her mind went elsewhere. Without elaborating, she rose once more and eyed the fissure sourly as she left it behind. A hike, then, from Diaspora; at least for a little while. Aure followed the trail they were on, heading to where the alpines decided to make themselves known; and rather than stride away energetically, she moseyed alongside Verx this time.

"But..." she drawled, her thoughts waxing and waning and impossible to pinpoint. "But... but, you've come to love them, haven't you? Ze children? That is good. When I first met Blodreina, she told me that... that 'home' is moreso ze wolves you are with, not so much as ze place. And I agree with her." A pause, as she sent a pebble skittering with a scuff of a pale paw. "Almost." 

Though she'd come to be a bit familiar with Drageda's ways, it hadn't been for her; but maybe others would think different of that. She'd arrived with an eye for the stars, and had ultimately left with that same eye on herbs and her hus— Verx's neck.

Giving a shrug of thin shoulders, she shook her pelt out and skipped on ahead for a bit. Her agitation couldn't only have been from bedrest — they'd only just settled in Diaspora, even if uneasily, and Aure herself had begun to warm towards it, even if unsure. "Having children helps, of course." Looking back towards him, she tried to give him a little smile, at least, regardless of her wavering thoughts. "Still... never thought I would ever have ones that were mine."
Messages In This Thread
RE: & i wonder (not for the first time) what happened to your wings - by Andraste - April 09, 2019, 07:38 AM