Arrow Lake & i wonder (not for the first time) what happened to your wings
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
Voice his disagreement or no, Aure would've accepted his thought on home either way. She took his incredulous glances without complaint; after all, they were of entirely two different minds. She knew she'd come to feel home with her little family, of course, and with Reina, too; and perhaps the Luks, though... she hadn't seen much of them since their collective arrival. But now, he affirmed his love for the bairns even before they'd come from her body; and that itself was all she could ask for, herself.

The farseer lingered with Verx in silence for a time, saying nothing and letting her thoughts dispel and wander. Resuming their trek, she would flit to and from him, and back again, pointing out certain foliage that came to light beneath her green-keen eyes. To tend to plants was a bit like rearing your own child, she'd come to find; with all the preening and nuturing... and the ease, the satisfaction that came from knowing you'd raised them right. With Isi, and Drago, there wasn't a doubt in her mind that beneath their care, they would be fine.

It was with a snout smudged with bits of green, though, that she trilled, "You never told me any stories, Vercingetorix," bumping a boney hip into the dark strength of his own. "How did you phrase it? Gros-some? Ecks..." Her teasing facade faltered and scrunched at the word, a bit helplessly. "Ecks... Ecks-pis-ist? Expisits? What does expisits mean?" Whatever; it was as close as she could recall, and her tongue was all foreign and too leaden. Eyes creased, alit like stars, then, "Tell me an expisit story, please, iubit? You... you promised, yes?"
Messages In This Thread
RE: & i wonder (not for the first time) what happened to your wings - by Andraste - April 12, 2019, 08:20 PM