Neverwinter Forest and i wish i’d known that you were bleeding while i sat and watched you reading
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He froze, a distant shadowy shape moved between the trees.  But it didn't seem to notice him.  The third person?  Hell.  Time to go put things to action.  First off, he peed in the entrance of the nearest rabbit warren to encourage the damn things to stay hidden for a few days.  Next was to the nearest of the two caches.  It wasn't exactly super full, so he scarfed down a few buried rodents that had been stashed and carried what remained back to the farther one to bury.  If he ran into @Cèilidh then he would quickly mention his scheme, to tell that the cache there would be their fortress.  He had a plan, and it was a little weird, but it was better than nothing, so time to give it a shot. 

That done, back to the trail they'd walked, and he followed it to the borders.  He scratched the earth on either side of their path across what was his now meticulously kept borders (nose-blind twits, ugh), marking it to show that he knew it was there and that he wasn't hiding it.  Why?  Well, soon to find out.  He looked out into the fields beyond, and not seeing anyone at the moment, he just had to get past his nerves.  Adrenaline had him shaking a little, and he had to take a minute or two to steady his nerves and ready himself.  He needed a cool head.  He was a leader.  He would believe in himself.  He'd had plenty of time between each invasion and harassment to think up a plan, to work on the wording.  The fact that he was familiar with the black headed woman and knew that she was willing to tear out some throats, and that she and that one guy were pretty messed up... Mal wasn't exactly leaping too far to conclusions, but he was reaching a little.

And so, with that done, he tipped his head to the sky and howled as loud as he could with a reasonably simple message, Wolf-hunters -- the murderers are hiding here.  It was melodic, maybe one or two notes higher than he normally would -- hopefully enough difference to make anyone who'd want revenge for him rightfully tattling on intruders slightly question whether it was him or not, but honestly at a certain point he didn't give a damn.  If you cannot remove the vermin yourself, you call in the (made up) exterminators, and even if people that might be hunting them didn't arrive, it might be just enough bluff to shoo the three on to some other place.  This was not their sanctuary.  This was Mal's, and he'd burn it to the ground before he'd let them stay. He moved under cover and waited, listened, watched.

Tagging a few peeps in the nearby threads, or who might not have gone far and thus might hear.  Since he's off doing several things, I'm totally cool with you guys deciding to have the howl delayed a round of posts before being heard, but this is potentially my last one here unless peeps show up at the borders (can be in a different thread), or someone directly goes to hunt him down.
@Hydra @Dirge @Dacio @Vengeance @Alison