Stone Circle my beating heart grew still
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
There was no satisfaction in the punishment she gave Riley, but she was just happy that he took it without question. Valette apologised for the touching, but it was the absence of the touch that was more important to Laurel than how her leader felt about it. Later she might put it all into a different perspective, but right now Laurel didn't have the energy to deal with anyone else's feelings and so the apology was mostly just ignored.

After Riley ran off Laurel felt relieved... And a little guilty. It was nice that she no longer had to deal with seeing him and worrying for what he might do -- to Indra and, to her shame, to her -- and she felt safe in the presence of Valette and Greyback, even if she didn't show it as much now. No, leave him, Laurel said, a silent admission that she needed Valette to be here instead right now.

Greyback said they should bury Indra's body and Laurel nodded. That was why she had dragged it all the way here. Yes, she agreed and when Greyback asked her if he should carry the body she nodded again. Please, yes, she answered, her voice shaky as she looked at the body and realisation was starting to really dawn that her sister was dead. She nodded as he said she could help dig, chewing her lip while trying to keep herself from falling apart altogether, and getting ready to follow to the stone circle.
Messages In This Thread
my beating heart grew still - by Laurel - November 13, 2019, 08:13 AM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by Riley - November 13, 2019, 09:17 AM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by RIP Valette - November 17, 2019, 04:31 AM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by Greyback - November 17, 2019, 03:59 PM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by Laurel - November 19, 2019, 07:23 AM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by Riley - November 22, 2019, 03:05 PM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by RIP Valette - November 26, 2019, 04:43 PM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by Greyback - November 29, 2019, 11:18 AM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by Laurel - December 01, 2019, 04:15 AM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by Riley - December 02, 2019, 01:08 PM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by RIP Valette - December 02, 2019, 03:57 PM