Lone Star Mountain cause friend i’ll give you it all
Phillip's voice finally registers in the moment before his teeth connect with his sister's cheek, and he falters. His front teeth rake through the fur and fall away harmlessly even before he feels his friend's grip on his tail, tears filling his eyes as he cringes away. He allows himself to be pulled back, and his limbs turn to jelly. I'm a monster, he realizes, seeing Lainie's expression and remembering the horror in Phillip's voice. He hears Maman's scream again, again, again —
Lainie's voice cuts through it all, and a quiet sob slips from him; he's too ashamed already to bother hating himself for the obvious show of weakness. He doesn't know why he'd attacked her anymore, why he'd felt it so necessary in that moment. Her only crime was being alive and well and not twisted in all the ways he is; the thought still stings, but she's his sister, maybe the only sibling he has left — and, seeing the hurt in her eyes, he suddenly realizes that he loves her. He opens his mouth to speak — to apologize, to explain that he's broken and he didn't mean it, to ask if she could ever love him again — but then she's leaving, and panic grips him.
Lainie — He's on his feet quickly, voice halting and choked by the sob that cuts him off. Don't leave me. He tries to get the words out as he follows her blindly into the rain, but his throat tightens painfully, and that only intensifies his panic. Don't leave, don't, please don't. Lainie. It hurts to speak, but he has to do it, he has to make her stay. It's a stupid sentiment, another sign of weakness, but he can't help it; some part of him still wants his family's love more than anything, even if he can never truly believe he has it. Another sob tears itself from his throat, and he realizes then that his desire for love will always make him weak.
common || « french »
Messages In This Thread
cause friend i’ll give you it all - by Hyacinth - January 09, 2020, 09:53 AM
RE: cause friend i’ll give you it all - by Lainie - January 10, 2020, 12:36 PM
RE: cause friend i’ll give you it all - by Hyacinth - January 10, 2020, 05:42 PM
RE: cause friend i’ll give you it all - by Lainie - January 10, 2020, 11:47 PM
RE: cause friend i’ll give you it all - by Zephyr - January 10, 2020, 11:57 PM
RE: cause friend i’ll give you it all - by Hyacinth - January 11, 2020, 01:15 AM
RE: cause friend i’ll give you it all - by Lainie - January 11, 2020, 07:28 PM
RE: cause friend i’ll give you it all - by Zephyr - January 11, 2020, 08:15 PM
RE: cause friend i’ll give you it all - by Hyacinth - January 11, 2020, 10:01 PM
RE: cause friend i’ll give you it all - by Lainie - January 11, 2020, 10:16 PM
RE: cause friend i’ll give you it all - by Zephyr - January 11, 2020, 10:57 PM
RE: cause friend i’ll give you it all - by Hyacinth - January 11, 2020, 11:55 PM
RE: cause friend i’ll give you it all - by Lainie - January 13, 2020, 06:21 PM
RE: cause friend i’ll give you it all - by Zephyr - January 22, 2020, 09:34 PM
RE: cause friend i’ll give you it all - by Hyacinth - January 22, 2020, 09:57 PM
RE: cause friend i’ll give you it all - by Zephyr - January 22, 2020, 10:47 PM
RE: cause friend i’ll give you it all - by Hyacinth - January 22, 2020, 11:24 PM
RE: cause friend i’ll give you it all - by Zephyr - February 24, 2020, 11:52 AM