Whitefish River It's a magical feeling that no one's got a hold
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Private 
for @Ira <3

The taste of ginger root still clung to her mouth as she set out to look for Ira. Like last time, this pregnancy came with a bad case of nausea, and it didn't care about all the things she needed to do today. The ginger root made it at least so she could function. 

She trotted along the edge of the river, daydreaming about telling her family the news. She needed to soon because she knew she would be showing before too long. The Constable's scent pulled her from her thoughts and reminded her what she had been doing. The hormones really made her forgetful sometimes. She wondered how Ira was faring so far. She wanted to answer any questions she had and help with any of her symptoms if possible. 

The trail had her continuing to follow the river, and it was getting fresher so she knew she was going to right way. She smiled, thinking of the time she had found Ira resting on rock, and she wondered if she would find her resting today. She needed to, and Speedy would have made sure to tell her that, but whether or not she actually rested as much as she should, the healer didn't know. She had a feeling it would be hard for her. Trail growing stronger, Speedy followed it on, hoping to find Ira soon.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
short post to get this started so I don't forget the tag LOL

The sun had taken the time to peek through the clouds once more. Its rays came more often as the days passed and the constable couldn't be more grateful. Her belly had chosen to rapidly grow in the past two weeks be it unknown just how long it would continue to swell. It made tasks difficult. The aches that followed became more prominent, no matter how much the roan woman tried to rest, but at least her belly did not prevent her from keeping her duties (for now). What started as a trip along the borders ended with the constable sprawled out along one of the large flat rocks of the riverbank, the life growing inside her taking more energy from her duties as the weeks passed.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
The trail continued to lead her along the edge of the river, growing stronger the more she followed. Occasionally, Speedy would stop and scan the area, looking for the greys of Ira's coat. When she saw no sign of her, she continued forward. 

The healer was delighted to find the Constable reclining on one of the rocks that caressed the edge of the river; she was even more delighted to see curve of Ira's abdomen. You look lovely, she said as she stopped near the rock. And I'm very happy to see you resting. She took a seat and beamed up at Ira. How are you feeling? Still nauseous? She assumed she was probably feeling pretty tired by now, which was probably why she was here in the first place instead of tending to one of the many responsibilities Speedy was sure she had.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
An ear flicked to the approaching footsteps, a glance only warranted when she caught the healer's voice on the wind. It felt strange to receive a compliment, especially now that her stomach was swelling. The roan woman huffed a chuckle before pushing herself up to properly look at Speedy, I can't say I feel lovely, but it's gotten better. Nausea was the least of her concerns now. Only some unfortunate mornings had her head swimming, but for the most part, aches replaced the inconvenience. I've grown sore lately. I can feel them stealing my energy, luckily food has not been an issue.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She knew it was hard to feel anything but fat and tired in the last few weeks, but she wished Ira could see herself as Speedy did. Motherhood suited her very well. She was happy to hear the nausea was better, but she frowned some when the Constable reported that she was sore. That's pretty normal, the healer assured her. I'll bring you some willow bark to help with the discomfort. She smiled warmly at the other woman. But I'm afraid they'll steal you're energy long after they're born, she added with a soft chuckle. 

And speaking of them being born, she had some things she needed to go over about the whole process. Her hope was that if they had some kind of plan, then Ira would be more calm during the delivery. Since you're getting closer to delivering, I wanted to ask you some things, she said, taking a seat. A wave of nausea passed over her, but she tried to ignore it. I was wondering if you wanted me there during? she asked first. It's your choice, and I'll be close by regardless, but I won't come inside if you don't want me to. A smile curved her lips. My own children won't be due until a few weeks after yours, so I'll still be available. She hadn't told anyone yet, but she wanted to make sure Ira knew she would be there for her no matter what.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Once again her symptoms seemed to line up with a normal pregnancy and with that note the pain eased just a bit. She had been less concerned about the pains ever since she confirmed her pregnancy, but it was nice to know she was still on track. It was good to have a healer that knew so much first-hand experience, most of hers came from others once the kids had left the whelping den. Thank you, Speedy. She chuckled at the joke knowing a little too well how tired parents could be during the first few months, perhaps long after as well.

To be completely honest, Ira hadn't even thought about the birthing process. She had no experience in that department as it had never really been her business to intervene or help. The Constable wasn't sure if she would want anyone nearby, she knew many women who even kept their mates away during birthing. Ah— I'm not sure, but at least close would be nice. I'm not really sure what to expect and if anything went wrong... Gods she hoped not, just another thing to add to the list of complexities of her pregnancy. Perhaps just outside the den?
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Of course, she said with a smile. I'm here for whatever you need, Speedy assured the Constable. She was happy to help. 

Speedy nodded when Ira expressed that he wanted her outside the den. It was obviously not what the healer preferred; she wanted to be there to make sure everything was going okay, but she would respect what the other woman wanted. She knew it was a vulnerable time, and she wanted Ira to be as comfortable as possible. I don't anticipate any problems, she stated. She was healthy and young, and Speedy had every confidence that she would be just fine. But, I will be prepared just in case, so you don't need to worry about any of that. She smiled again. Do you have any questions about the process or what to expect? Speedy asked next. She not only had the knowledge of a healer, but she had also been through a deliver already, and would happily answer any questions the Constable might have.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
short post we can probably wrap this up in another round maybe two since Ira will be giving birth soon!

The constable hummed as Speedy assured her that she would be ready should anything go wrong, it was good Ira couldn't be happier to have a healer like her around. Everything lately had been so new and that wouldn't be changing any time soon with kids to raise. Any advice? I hear natural instinct kicks in fast. Again she wasn't sure what to expect, but anything the healer wanted to offer would be appreciated.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Like your mothering instinct? Speedy asked. Mine certainly did, she answered. Was Ira worried about that? You will make a wonderful mother, I'm sure, the healer assured her with a warm smile. 

As for advice, Speedy thought for a few moments. Well, try not to worry. It will be hard as you get closer to having them; it's normal to worry about how the delivery will go and if the babies will be okay, but you should try and relax, she offered. Oh, and get as much rest as possible; rest is very important. She smiled again. You can call me any time for anything. To talk or if you have more questions or need something to help with pain or nausea; I promise, I never mind. She felt that way about any of the pack members; it was never a bother to help. But she really wanted to make sure everything went smoothly for Ira.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Try not to worry.

It was certainly easier said than done. The Constable already experienced the light bouts of anxiety over this litter, but she supposed all she could really do now was wait. Movement was growing difficult and tiresome so resting would not be too hard of a task. It was a surprise honestly, she expected the desire to stay on her feet as she always had, but as aforementioned carrying life was draining and if she wasn't out to stretch or stuff her face Ira could be found in her den. I'll do my best. Again I appreciate your efforts, Speedy. I know you'll shrug it off, but Kaistleoki is lucky to have you. The roan woman shifted careful of her swollen belly to get back on her paws. If rest is all I can do then I think I might retire to my den, but I'll be sure to let you know if I require assistance. As long as Ira wasn't stopped she'd make her way back to the center of the territory to nap in her den.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
As expected, Speedy did shrug off the compliment, countering it instead with: I feel like I'm lucky to have found Kaisteloki. It was the truth; she had been in a terrible place last year—pregnant, scared, and alone. And Kaisteloki gave her a place to start over and safely raise her children. It was a gift she could never repay, but she would happily try. 

At Ira's declaration, Speedy nodded, the warm smile returning. Of course, she said, stepping back. I'll be around if you need anything. She watched Ira go, and then headed to the last spot she had seen moss to collect more for her stores.