Whitefish River No amount of discipline will turn sheep into wolves
"only if we lose"
17 Posts
Ooc — Tony
Joining 
Set at early evening (partly cloudy)
Everyone is welcome but please no more than one character, for now, I want this to be a fast-paced thread!

After only a whole day of observation and consideration, Revan decided that the only thing he could do to better his chances of acceptance was offering them some kind of tribute. The benefits of having him would become obvious eventually, but he realized that, at first glance, he didn't seem to be much of an asset, especially when the whelping season had most likely already started.

The one thing he could think of that had enough meaning to be worth it were blackbirds, a Large raven if possible, and he would have to catch it alone. To achieve this, Revan dug a hare right from its hole and placed it in the open field. He knew it wouldn't be long until a whole bunch of them descended on it from the sky, so he found a hiding spot and waited. The first thing that appeared was an eagle, which circled the carrion from a safe distance far above among the clouds. Revan watched it to make sure it didn't interfere, but it flew away after just a couple of minutes, probably having spotted him among the bushes. The blackbirds came soon after, flocking to the corpse after a few of the more intrepid ones took the first steps towards it. Revan knew that his time was short, so he prowled towards them swiftly and jumped right on top of the flock wasting no time. As he dug his head right in the cloud of black feathers he clamped his jaws and caught a wing. The Raven struggled, but Revan smacked it against the floor and ended its life with his claws. He had what he wanted.

Now he would only have to convince the river wolves to trust him enough to let him prove himself. So he called for them, Howled from their southern borders near the river, and waited. He had placed the Raven in front of him and made himself fully visible in a clear and open spot. He didn't want anything about him to seem menacing or suspicious, so he made sure to look relaxed.
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Hi! Welcome to KO :) I am available to spree so let me know if you would like to

As of late, many are choosing to ignore Kaistleoki’s boundaries, driving the Count to grow uncharacteristically irritated. The bear is swift about making his daily rounds, and he is thankful to Hiernoymous who remains a great access to the Knights. Children soon to be on their way, however, provide a further reason to why Evergreen is on edge.
Round ears perk atop his massive head, he rises to his feet from the perch upon the river he enjoyed so much. It isn’t much of a sunning spot today, when the clouds rolled in. His tail swishes. Curiosity easing the tension from his posture. The Count trots his way towards the southern border of his kingdom. It does not take him long to find the boy and the bird.
Hello, he greets, lips tweaking in a smile—refreshed. This is Kaistleoki, and I am it’s Count, Evergreen. What brings you here? Mismatched eyes shift across the  bird slayer.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
"only if we lose"
17 Posts
Ooc — Tony
Thank youu! I can spree Sunday if you're still available!

Ravens had a deep meaning for the young Melonii, perhaps even more than it did to the rest of his kin. The ravens had been there to teach him things that even his father's rigorous lessons couldn't. They had made him who he was, even if he didn't know yet exactly what that was. So he thought of offering one to these wolves hoping they would realize not only how challenging it could be to catch one, but also the deeper connotations of it. The Raven represented him and what he offered, cunning and brains rather than raw physical power, something that, in Revan's opinion, every pack could never have enough of.

It didn't take long for the river guardian to spawn, moving towards him like a whole mountain rising from the flatlands, and Revan wondered how the ground wasn't shaking with every step he took. He would have never expected to come across such a singularity among wolves, but it was apparently the one he would have to impress now. Though his voice matched his massive body, the words that came out didn't seem to match his voice, he was gentle and polite, and Revan took a second to process it. A Count. It suggested a royal system, but, being that the case, why not call yourself King instead? Did he answer to someone else? My lord, said the young prince with a slight bow of his head. Kaisteloki was the name of his domain, a curious name, yet regal enough to justify such a title for its leader. I won't lie to you, I've been watching from a distance and I believe I see a potential home in this place with you. I wish to join you to confirm my suspicions. he said without digression, I brought you a gift... he added. he picked up the blackbird and placed it right in front of Evergreen before sitting back at his initial position. It's not much
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Hi there! Sorry for the hold up I was asked to take over since Mista has been busy irl :) I have permission to PP Eve and we may skip him for the rest of this thread. Note to self this is still two weeks ago so Ira isn't about to pop out kids

The call that sounded caught the Constable's attention and per Evergreen's request she would stay back for now. It wasn't until she was certain someone had intercepted their visitor that Ira would make her way to the borders. The pregnancy slowed her, it seemed like she would slowly lose her mobility over the upcoming weeks, but that was only more reason to do what she could while she still can. As the roan woman hoped, Evergreen had beat her to the borders and a stark colored man sat with a catch at his paws. She had arrived just in time to catch the tail end of their conversation.

Ira shared a brief glance with the Count as she stepped forward. My apologizes for arriving late, I hope you understand. It would take a blind man to miss the swell in her stomach which provided enough of an excuse to her timing. I go by Ira and I lead beside Evergreen. If you think we may be a good fit I think I speak for both of us that we'd be happy to also put the theory to the test. First though, you must know that we all must bring a skill to the pack. What skills might you hold? Hunting was a given, but any lone wolf would need to hunt to survive. Although, a talented hunter would also be appreciated with the extra mouths soon to come.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads