Stone Circle the air is dense as my back sticks to the leather
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded at Polaris. They could look a bit like deer, so she didn't blame her for thinking that at least. The Matriarch smiled because it did her well to have such young minds explore the nature around them and trying to see if species were related. It amused her. Her face turned to West when he was baffled by the fact that she lived on a mountain. She smiled and nodded. "I was born in Bearclaw Valley, next door. When Kove, your grandpa, and my mother split, I went with my mother. She went to Phoenix Maplewood, north of here. I was only 7 months when she died because of a cougar attack. I was so upset with the world and was very bitter that I lost everyone in my little family. Your aunt Nanook left me as well after our mom died. She was probably shocked," she explained.

She cleared her throat. "Anyhow, I ran into an acquaintance of my mother, Steady. You might remember that name," she smiled, as she had told anyone about him really. "He offered me to live as his pack, Silvertip Mountain. So there I went. He taught me how to deal with loss, or maybe even made me forget a bit about that loss. I worked hard for that pack, fiercely loyal to Steady not only because he was my leader," she admitted with a bit of a knowing grin. "I was a scout for Silvertip and when Steady wanted to relocate I went to scout a home for the new Silvertip Mountain. I could help but travel back to my place of birth, and explore the area around it. That is how I found the Stone Circle and the territory around it. I convinced Steady that this was the perfect place for a pack. Very different than what we had, of course, but he believed me and moved his pack to the Stone Circle." Valette smiled fondly at the memory. It was such a long time ago. She was so young and it had been such a crazy time.

Valette continued. "But having these flatlands as our new home, we couldn't name ourselves Silvertip Mountain. Since we crossed a mountain range to get here, and it was east of our last home the name was decided quite quickly, Easthollow. After we moved here, Steady made me his beta as a reward for my hard work. I think I was around your age, West, when I became Beta and felt completely clueless. Well, you know the rest. Steady became my mate but then died soon after that as well. Then I just tried leading Easthollow as best as I could," she wrapped up the story. She just gave a brief overview and realized that she hadn't really gone into that much detail of her life on the mountain. "Those mountains gave me my stamina and taught me how to hunt," she hummed.

The two were very cute together. Valette watched them fondly as they bantered. She hoped she had taught West enough manners to charm the girl. Though, boys will be boys. West was soon being pretty cocky about his fishing skills. Valette was rather amused by it. "I wouldn't say that so confidently," she laughed, and looked between the two. "I hope you two realize that water distorts your vision. So you might see a fish at a certain location but it actually means it is just a smidge off. With them being quick as well, you should be lucky if you come close to catching one," she smiled. "I never liked fishing. I like the chase."
Messages In This Thread
RE: the air is dense as my back sticks to the leather - by RIP Valette - July 04, 2020, 02:31 PM