Honeyed Pasture like you've never felt the ground before
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
The stranger did not seem as willing to give up on the hunt as she was, which was fine with her; it was something entertaining to watch, and that was exactly what she did. She let the water cool her fur as her fiery gaze tracked his movement. He was out of the river, shaking out is thick, dark coat, and she leaned forward to watch him run a little up stream where the creature now was. She had scared it a good distance, but on land, the stranger was able to catch up quickly. 

When he had managed to get back in front of the prey, he jumped back into the water. From then, it was over pretty quickly. There was a small struggle as the other wolf pulled the thing from the water and onto the riverbank. The creature tried to break free even then, but then its struggle was over with one efficient bite to its neck. She watched the stranger shake his fur out and when he met her gaze she only stared back but this time there was interest and approval in her expression. 

He then brought his kill over to where she sat in the water, uttering an apology to her as he set the creature down. She shrugged. It's fine; it's not like my feelings are hurt or anything. She interrupted his hunting; she might have been testy in that situation too. She lifted an eyebrow. Nice job, she offered, tilting her nose to his prize so he would know what she meant. She stood then and moved from the water, shaking out her snowy coat as she added: I'm Simmik, by the way. She took a seat in front of him and waited for him to offer his name in return.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
like you've never felt the ground before - by Renard - May 30, 2020, 11:26 PM
RE: like you've never felt the ground before - by Simmik - June 03, 2020, 03:26 AM