Phoenix Maplewood there is a girl in the lobby of a cheap hotel
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
not terrible at all!<3

she crumpled gratefully into her sister's embrace, tense shoulders loosening as muffled whimpers spilled from her haggard figure. the bravado she'd put on in the face of papa's passing the past weeks slipping from her like a dejected cape at the motion of a comforting touch. eyes squeezed shut against the rioting pain tearing greedily at her soul, an insatiable force, vengeful after being so vehemently walled up. in that moment she can imagine nothing else on the other side of this shadowing tidal wave building before her, the mere idea of fighting it a fruitless notion. but then.

lainie's voice, she clutches ahold of that. she is not alone in her suffering, her selfish deeds may have eternally cost her her papa but she has the chance to push aside leering selfishness right now. for lainie, for everyone else that still remained fighting in this perilous game. 

she straightens a little, tear stained features attempting a timid smile at the touch of those feather soft words. there is still an echoed blow at the truth that he had died surrounded by a new family, but she knew now, she knew that she'd been a fool to think for a moment that he couldn't fit everyone into that heart of his. she should never have shamed him for loving too much. "i knowshe breathes meekly, watery gaze holding the verdant glow of her sibling's tightly "i actually...well our brother, that's weird to say huh? well he's actually tavelling with me, his name is alsek and he's so sweet lainie you'd know he was papa's child.she chews at her lip, the hazy sun glinting off of both girl's gossamer tears as lainie trudges bravely forth with her bittersweet words. 

they flow through her with staggering force despite the tranquil lilt of the raven girl's tone, unlocking and dismantling each and every ward within her until she is harrowingly bare, naked to the world and herself. she feels tender all over, scraped to the nerve by the torrential emotions still writhing within.

and though the hurt she feels is savage in its nature, she still smiles whilst woefully admiring the girl before her. "you're right, and i wish i'd have been mature enough to wish only the same for him before he diedshe glances to her paws now, ears tilted back in shame as she whispers "i was....so mad when i found out from zephyr that he had a new family, it's why i chose not to see him until, well until i was much too lateher chin wobbles and her eyelids flutter shut, inhaling deeply to steady herself. "i see now that i was a right fool lainie, i let myself believe that because he had a new family he didn't love us anymore. i let jealousy get the better of me, all i see now is that he was a man with a heart as big as himself. i could never hold ill will towards him for loving so big, so bright and so much. i wish i could have told him that

she leaned against the motion of her sister's preening, letting the tranquility of it haze out some of piercing torment. slipping into the tongue she'd once believed she'd never get to speak again, she lamented softly "i miss him so much lainie, but having you here...it makes it a little bit easier. i love you so much and i don't know if i've said this but, you're the bravest wolf i know"
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: there is a girl in the lobby of a cheap hotel - by RIP Polaris - June 28, 2020, 03:58 PM