Fox's Glade she is collecting pieces of the broken hearts
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
i am sorry for the monster post omg

the sun kisses drops of liquid gold upon the water's dancing surface, enrapturing gleam of a beauty so pure that it stung at the clouded eyes of mortals that dared focus their greed upon the earth's frivolity. and yet, polaris found herself trapped in its treacherous clutch, unable to tear salt stung eyes from the rolling lights perched upon the mettlesome stream. it snakes forth barbed tendrils reeking of deja vu and the dove feels herself frowning, chilled as if the cool waters had hugged at her very figure. and as quick as it came, it passes over like an irksome cloud and with a mere shiver she is freed. how peculiar. shaking her head to remove the last scraps of the dwam clinging on stubbornly, she chose to pin it down as but whispers of distant memories spent along the creek. with the recent arrival of serpentine figures prowling hungrily through her mind, hissing in her dreams, it didn't come as much of a surprise for something as simple as the way in which the very water stole the sun's proud beams as its own to evoke some sort of recollection of her own creek staring back in such a manner. 

her look is torn roughly from the shivering surface, jaw tight despite maintaining an otherwise relaxed demeanour. the glade hummed merrily, light cradling each and every specimen flourishing under her glow- including polaris. a steadying inhale as she straightened, focusing on the way in which the warmth pressed against her skin, seeped languidly into pale bones; screw the fucking shadows- they were perverse and weak; doomed only to exist in the absence of light. no denying they were sly, they would steal your loved ones and beat you into the dirt whilst crooning in your ears and coaxing you away from the brightness. but in the end, all it took was to ignore them and remain tall in the light's embrace and you would persevere, you would win. she would allow nothing to convince her otherwise and she would not let the gloom of the tainted parts of her mind to spread their plague; they would be chased out. because to let the fate of her papa's passing, to have him associate with what lured her into the grasp of tenebrous claws- that would be the ultimate betrayal. and polaris was not going to betray him again. 

ears flutter to catch the rumbled words of her company, hasty blinks removing her focus from the intricate caverns of her mind and back to the wayward sentry. his response is well mused and appreciated in its depth as she mulls quietly over what lingered beneath each syllable to tumble from the melancholic parting of his weary jaws. it is certainly not untrue and polaris blinks off towards the presumptuous mountains, to where she knew the graveyard of swiftcurrent creek lay nestled by what had ultimately caused its family's downfall. she supposes, if she looks hard at the young girl that stands in the place of the child that had wondered at the world from the creek's borders, she could see the ways in which the world had pulled and prodded at her to mould her to suit its wishes. she was sharper, angrier, somehow both braver and weaker than the child that had trusted in the world and her beauty, refusing to see the festering cruelty that rotted beneath the pretty smile. 

she is quite randomly reminded of meeting the moonspearian wolf all that time ago. when he had acknowledged the nightwalker stench taking up residence on her pelt she had fled in fear of what that knowledge would mean for how he would treat her. it was with a scrap of confidence that she could confirm she would never have fled such a situation now, in fact she never would have fallen prey to the nightwalkers in the first place but....she had also smiled and relished in the beauty of the world when discovering fireflies with him; if she were trapped in such a place of darkness now would she still have it in her to marvel at these wonders? or deem them as nonsensical things the world used to aid her allure and keep us under her pressing finger? she wonders how he has been shaped by the happenings of life, and what situations had stolen parts of him and offered other things to replace them with? "the lives we live and what happens in them certainly changes us all, i am a victim to it as are you and as is nearly anyone you will come across in these wilds but...i believe we may have more control over it than we even like to believe. sometimes it is easier to blame the world itself, hell i do it all the time but...we let it do these things to us. two very different wolves have told me the same thing in terms of loss, one of them told me it to be supportive and the other told me it to be malicious and yet the message was pretty much the same; we endure these horrible things and they will change us in their severity but...it is up to us how we let it change us and we have to remember that."

she blinks back to his gleaming figure, weary smile pressed to charcoal lips. black hat had said it to her in the hopes that he could lure her into the nightwalker's shadows, use her pain to warp her into a bitter soldier under the pretense of calling it strength whilst valette had told her it hoping that she could take those words and realise that she had the power to live a life that those passed on would have wished for her, one that she wouldn't look back on with regret when the day came that she too would return to the earth. "i hope that whatever it is that has made you believe that silence is the answer...i hope you can find it in yourself to stand above it, to think about what you deserve and fight for it. i think it might be one of the hardest things to do and honestly i don't know if i've mastered it yet but i am trying, and i suppose that's good enough right nowteeth fumble with the delicate skin of her lip as she looks back to the swaying grass curling over her paws. it isn't that she's not used to talking to strangers, she'd always enjoyed conversing with different beings but it was not often that she delved this deep into the misgivings and hopes of her mind with even those she knew well. it was both uncanny and liberating, the two intertwining in a way that made her heart press hard at her chest and left her in some ways breathless. 

a dainty smile at his words as she hums back "thank you- and i'm not sure on your situation collision but i hope you too manage to find such a thingshe supposes she was lucky in that sense. she'd grown up with parents that had been strong, cordial and stalwart alphas and although that had been robbed from her much too early and she'd fallen in with the barbaric ruffians that were the nightwalkers for a while, she'd eventually fled them and gotten to stay with ronan in amethyst keep, all affable wolves, until strong enough to return to the teekons and seek shelter in the potent easthollow. if budding suspicions were correct in assuming that something in renian empire was causing him strife, would he find the strength to overcome it or if such a thing were not possible, to leave it all behind? it was not as easy as it sounded to leave, she understood that much. but it really did make all the difference if you could succeed.

but he does not shut dowm her offer and that is certainly something in itself as the girl listens to the desloate man spin his tale. and there is something about the raw emotion riding upon the words twisting through the air that lodges them so deep within her chest as wide eyes focus only on him. for her own nerves are still tender from the way in which they have been rubbed raw from unyielding affliction- she understands and so does he, how it feels to have something you love stolen and robbed from you whilst you are powerless to do anything but pace helplessly in the sidelines. but there is a difference, he can do something, and he needs to know that. swallowing, her gaze does not falter from him as she speaks "i don't know what it is that has done this to your home but....i'm very certain collision that you are strong enough, the only thing that threatens that is you doubting yourself. you need to just believe that you can do it and do everything you can to make that true but...she frowns, adding with less certainty as she mulls further over what he'd said "it has to be worth fighting for, don't waste yourself away trying to change something that does not deserve it and, i don't think anyone really knows what the future holds. they can hope and suspect but...i think you will be happier regardless of your where you are in your future if you know you at least did everything in your power to try and change what you want to change or be where you want to be, even if you fail."

a quick shrug then as she finally looks away and mumbles to the strengthening breeze "i don't know your complete situation though and we are different wolves but i really do think you just need to believe in yourself, i've only known you a little while and you already seem like an honourable wolf to me, and if you don't think that then do something to make yourself realise it, i've met a lot of amazing wolves and i think they've all helped me realise how important trusting your own abilities are. especially when the world itself doesn't seem to have your back."
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: she is collecting pieces of the broken hearts - by RIP Polaris - July 15, 2020, 02:22 PM