Neverwinter Forest My Fifty-Mission Cap
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
there are some big plot things happening that i have to be vague about right now because the important threads are still happening, so sorry!
ty for throwing him at nwf again, though! sorry about the other joining thread! i'll make this one my top priority <3

Today was the first day she pulled herself from inside the cave she had made her own since returning home. She hadn't eaten or talked to anyone because even the most ordinary tasks seemed overwhelming and exhausting. But today, she had forced herself out into the cloudy day; it wasn't in her nature to dwell, and she finally just needed to get out. Normally she might go exploring outside the territory, but that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Even the thought of patrolling near the borders made anxiety flare in her chest, but she needed to something, and patrolling had always been a way for her work through things and find some peace. Her hope was that she would fine some today because she was in desperate need of it. Her head wound still looked angry and would take some time to heal fully, but at least she wasn't plagued with headaches today, which would make her walk a little more enjoyable. 

Luckily, the first part of her patrol was blissfully boring. She was able to go through the motions and fall into some semblance of her old reality. She didn't mind the rain. In fact, she liked how it kept things cooler, and so she tried to concentrate on the cool drizzle on her fur or the scents of her pack whenever she caught her mind wandering to the dark places. 

Her moment of peace was short lived, though. She caught the scent of a stranger near the borders, and her heart began to race. She silently cursed at herself for the reaction. This was her job and she shouldn't respond that way. With a steadying breath, she continued forward until she saw the familiar man sitting quietly near the edge of their territory. She might have normally had some witty remark or playful insult for him, but she just couldn't bring forth the energy to do any of that right now. Instead, she stopped in front of him and raised an eyebrow. You're back? she said, half question and half statement. She wouldn't humor him with games this time, so she hoped he would just get to the point. Do you need something?
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
My Fifty-Mission Cap - by Jackalope - August 10, 2020, 07:30 PM
RE: My Fifty-Mission Cap - by Simmik - August 10, 2020, 07:54 PM
RE: My Fifty-Mission Cap - by Jackalope - August 10, 2020, 08:13 PM
RE: My Fifty-Mission Cap - by Simmik - August 10, 2020, 09:05 PM
RE: My Fifty-Mission Cap - by Jackalope - August 11, 2020, 12:21 PM
RE: My Fifty-Mission Cap - by Simmik - August 11, 2020, 04:03 PM
RE: My Fifty-Mission Cap - by Jackalope - August 11, 2020, 04:57 PM
RE: My Fifty-Mission Cap - by Simmik - August 18, 2020, 10:44 PM
RE: My Fifty-Mission Cap - by Jackalope - August 19, 2020, 05:01 AM