Otter Creek i'm out of control, living a fictional prose
Private 
Heat consumes him as he watches the stranger leave with blurred vision, turning his breath hot and burning his eyes, coiling angrily in his chest like a snake waiting to strike. No, he thinks helplessly, bitterly, you can't...
But it's what he deserves, isn't it? He'd never had any claim on the man whose name he still doesn't know, nor any right to play god with him. It isn't him he sees walking away, though; it's Kratos, glinting red and black under the sun, spiky-furred and grumpy as he's always been and leaving him again. Forever, it was supposed to be forever, and now it is but never in the way he'd meant it. Forever had been a warm embrace and sleepy morning smiles, the steady assurance of an ally at his back when the storm raged fierce overhead, the occasional arbitrary swell of I love you and I am so happy.
And now it's cold and empty. Now forever is a dim dusty den that isn't his own and a bleak, cloudy sky, cozy memories turned sharp and hostile with grief and longing; his own mind in rebellion of being his sole companion. He has @Phillip, of course, and Maman — but it isn't the same, even in the ways it is. Nothing can match the meeting of two souls, not when each is unique in a million different little ways and each carves its own spaces to fill in the hearts it touches. Those spaces will always be empty, he realizes —
And he will always fill the rest with tragedy.
common || « french »
Messages In This Thread
i'm out of control, living a fictional prose - by Zephyr - November 11, 2020, 04:39 PM
RE: i'm out of control, living a fictional prose - by Zephyr - November 12, 2020, 06:54 PM
RE: i'm out of control, living a fictional prose - by Zephyr - November 17, 2020, 01:15 PM
RE: i'm out of control, living a fictional prose - by Zephyr - November 19, 2020, 01:25 PM
RE: i'm out of control, living a fictional prose - by Zephyr - November 23, 2020, 12:23 PM
RE: i'm out of control, living a fictional prose - by Zephyr - December 07, 2020, 08:19 AM