Blackfeather Woods o thou, who chariotest to their dark wintry bed
Private 
felt like writing something soft so i decided to start for us <3

He's been away from @Phillip for far too long today, for the first time since he arrived home. The sky is darkening when the wraith passes the borders back into his home, pace quicker than usual. He's agitated, with himself above all else. Lately it feels like any time that isn't spent with his lover is time wasted, and today, it feels like he wasted the whole thing.
So he's a little on edge when he finds the dark boy, a little sharper than usual with his greeting. Phillip, A kiss, slightly rough, messy, brief; a reflection of his current state. He presses against him, skin crawling with the need to be touched. This is what love really is, though he'd forgotten it that night on the mountain — his eyes had only just opened, and the gaudy display of Taikon's soul had dazzled him. Compared to this, that night in the Sunspire feels dull and drained. Another grey winter night, color leeched by the wraith's presence. As if any warmth he touches is drained by the act itself.
It's nothing like that with Phillip.
Here, now, pressed against the one wolf he truly trusts, he feels warmth all around him. Prismatic iridescence, delicate dapples of electric emerald over a backdrop of soft sapphire, the tug of a sugar-frosted melody at the core of the wraith. Velvety blue swirls and rosy feather-trails, and endless passion, a counter to his frigidity; a well of warmth that never runs dry, no matter how much his cold embrace leeches. He preens at him softly, wordless, needing only this closeness. Nothing else will ever compare to this.
common || « french »
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Since Zephyr had returned, Phillip had been close to him. Stuck to him like glue, only breaking away for tasks he could never recall. He only remembers wanting to return to his companion’s side. 

Love was truly a drug was it?

Phillip came to life when he spotted the familiar silver glow through the trees. Eyes glimmered, heart soared, and there’s something in his stomach that flutters. It’s like love at first sight, only it’d happen a dozen times by now.

The yearling was so happy to see Zephyr, the urgency of his affection goes over his head at first. He basked in it, planted gentle kisses on his neck before he leaned in closer. It takes a moment for the pleasant haze to clear (and it barely does), to notice the initial sharp greeting.

Is everything ok? he asked softly.
His agitation melts away as Phillip leaves a trail of kisses down his neck, fading and quickly forgotten. The question comes a moment too late for the context, and Zephyr responds with a content, suddenly sleepy smile.
It is now, He tells him, stretching to kiss his forehead lightly. Phillip's height feels so odd to him; it always seems to Zephyr that the dark boy is the smaller of the two, in his mind, but the reality is far from his perception. Even his small form easily wraps around the coywolf, when they settle for the night. In some ways, he likes it. I missed you. His thoughts continue buzzing, flitting from one thing to the next until finally he settles on something important, something concrete. I um, I want to talk to you about something, actually, He thinks of Taikon briefly, then banishes the thought. The pale wolf had put the idea in his head, yes, but this has nothing to do with him. Zephyr pulls away slightly to meet Phillip's eyes, enchanted by the pale gold hue. Our relationship — I didn't really think about it before, but some things happened while I was gone, and... I realized we should probably talk about what we both, you know, expect out of it. Like — a title, or something. And some people want relationships to be exclusive, I guess. Just two people together.
An awkward pause, slightly nervous now. He's thinking out loud at this point, as he always does, no forethought or filter put on his words. It's terrifying in some ways, as this is far more emotional and attached than any of his past word vomits, but he trusts Phillip. I don't know if I feel that way — I would do it for you. But I don't think... that our relationships with other people should affect what we have with each other. I don't know. I never thought about it before — I didn't even know anyone cared about this stuff until recently. But I don't want to hurt you, even accidentally. He stops himself there, forcing himself to wait for a response. After all, the whole point of this is to understand how Phillip feels — not just to speak his own feelings.
common || « french »
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
”It is now,” he replied. Well, that’s good... is it? He worried over whatever could’ve been bothering Zephyr before. Classic Phillip, always getting anxious over the littlest details. For the sake of his own sanity, he concluded that whatever problem there was before wasn’t affecting him in the moment, and therefore should be forgotten (for now at least. Phillip couldn’t just drop these things so easily, especially when it regarded his lover).

Everything was ok now. Perhaps the yearling was looking to deep into the word. Now. Now that they were together again. The thought brought a warm smile to his face. I missed you too.

And that seemed to be the end of it. The two would fall silent and lose themselves in each other’s embrace, as they always had. But Zephyr still had more to say. Phillip held his breath as he pulled away and stared into his eyes.

Whatever fear that was beginning to rise in his chest slowly died down as he spoke. It’s not bad news, thank the gods. He just wanted to talk about them, their relationship, and others that surrounded it. It’s a lot to take in at first. He didn’t know how to put his answer in words, so it took him a long moment to think on it.

The words come to him eventually If you liked someone else, well, that wouldn’t bother me. The time he had came across Zephyr and Mal comes to mind. It hurt then, but that was different. I know you love me. No one can change that, right? He didn’t know that back then, and that’s what caused the pain. Phillip was much more confident in their relationship now. I want you to be happy, and if someone else can make you feel that way, then I’m ok with that.
600 for u!!!
The silence is deafening for a moment, but Zephyr quickly calms as he studies Phillip's face, seeing nothing negative there. He receives an answer in time, and in Phillip's unique, wonderful way it is predictable. It's a good answer — the only kind he's ever seen from the golden-eyed boy. He lets out a breath, smiling. Nothing will ever change how I feel about you, He tells him, kissing him on the cheek lightly, briefly. Nothing. You're the most important person in my life — and it's always going to be that way, no matter what happens. A slight pause, and his next words are less certain, tentative not out of shyness but a hesitance to ask more than Phillip is willing to give. I'd... like to be that for you, too. If you want that. Even if we find other people we like, I don't want this to become any less important. I want this — us to be forever. Until we die. Together, preferably. He can't imagine a life without Phillip, nor can he imagine being comfortable with Phillip alone in the world, without his protection. Surely someone else would take advantage of the dark boy, and that thought is one accompanied by deep shades of rage and dread, dull red and muddy dark grey. No, they can never be apart. Phillip needs his protection, and he needs —
He just needs Phillip.
common || « french »
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
A moment’s pause felt like an eternity. Perhaps his nervousness hadn’t gone away at all, or it had rose in his throat again during the brief moment of silence. It doesn’t really matter, it was gone as soon as it came. His smiled mirrored Zephyr’s, made wider by the kiss. The words that accompany it made him feel secure. There’s nothing in this world that would make his lover feel anything less for Phillip, and that’s a road that goes both ways.

Of course I feel the same way about you. And that’s an answer he didn’t need to ponder. Phillip rested his head on Zephyr’s neck, a soft hum bubbled in his throat. And nothing’s gonna change that.
Relief spreads over the wraith when his lover responds, and he suddenly feels childish for mentioning it. As if it should have been obvious. But it never is — not to him. It still doesn't feel real when he thinks about it for too long; he can't get past the shock, the marvelous strangeness in the concept of being loved by a boy like Phillip — no, being loved by Phillip. Because there isn't anyone exactly like him. Similar, perhaps, but Zephyr doesn't want similar. He wants the boy he's chosen, with all of his innocence and his quirks and his constant need for protection. There is nothing about him that the wraith doesn't want; and in some ways, he has a debt to repay, too.
Because at the end of the day, Phillip is the true protector in the relationship, though he may not ever know it or agree with the sentiment. Zephyr would never survive without somewhere safe to keep his fragile heart.
He closes his eyes, fighting sudden tears, and swallows. I love him too much, he realizes, perfectly content with the thought. But there's more to talk about, still. Then, um... we should have a real title for our relationship, Not mates. Not again. What about — A slight pause, thinking, recalling the different types of relationships he's encountered. We could be... life partners. I think that sounds accurate for what we both want. He smiles, leaning into Phillip's touch. I like the idea of it, at least. To me, it sounds like — like we're a team, and our lives are each other's lives too, and we'll face everything together. That's what I want with you.
common || « french »
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Coming up with a title for their relationship was something that rarely crossed his mind. When it did, his mind would end up in a confusing jumble. Phillip really didn’t know what to call this, there was nothing he could reference. It’s a good thing Zephyr already had something, otherwise they’d be here all day.

Life partners, he repeated softly. The term sounded more appealing the more his lover explained. His smile grew wider, and he hummed as he pressed his nose against Zephyr’s cheek. That sounds amazing.