Blackfeather Woods When I wake up, I'm afraid
Her response is level, yet there is clear rebellion behind the words, defiance in the face of his position over her and his doubts in allowing her what she wants. Unperturbed, he responds to her ending question without pause or thought. I would feel the same, in your position, He starts, leading up to the answer she's looking for with an explanation he feels is warranted. I don't doubt that you trust your own abilities. Having spent time in your company, I'm inclined to believe that you're capable of anything you set out to do, if only through sheer determination. We share that. But I don't know you well, and I have a responsibility to protect everyone in these woods, including any children born here. A slight pause. I'm here because I'd like to be able to say I can trust you with it. I see potential for it, but I need more proof — I need to see more of who you and Taikon really are. Obviously, you've both been caring for Taktuq, and I respect your commitment to her so far — if things continue smoothly through spring, and you're both able to complete a few tasks Rowan and I have for you, we've agreed that would be sufficient. He gives a moment to let it sink in, then starts to elaborate. Practical tasks, to help us learn more about you — nothing outrageous. And if it doesn't work out, Rowan and I have agreed to support you both in searching for another place to have your children, however long it may take.
common || « french »
Messages In This Thread
When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Takiyok - December 06, 2020, 09:54 PM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Zephyr - December 09, 2020, 01:44 AM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Takiyok - December 09, 2020, 07:31 PM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Zephyr - December 09, 2020, 08:18 PM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Takiyok - December 09, 2020, 09:15 PM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Zephyr - December 09, 2020, 10:11 PM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Takiyok - December 09, 2020, 11:02 PM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Zephyr - December 09, 2020, 11:26 PM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Takiyok - December 10, 2020, 12:00 AM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Zephyr - December 10, 2020, 12:51 AM