Phoenix Maplewood so, what are you gonna do?
Moonglow
Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,233 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kigipigak had not thought about the event in much depth until this moment. With the aid of Vex's questions he could now think back and reflect on things, however he was stalwart in his convictions. It had to happen. It was a task given to all of us and I would not disobey my mother. My sisters agreed until the moment came to issue the challenge and then they were silent. It fell to me... But only because they were not there to back me up. And had they stayed the trio could have made quick work of the old man, rather than have him suffer through a fight for life or death; Kigipigak firmly believed that the culling would have been swift and painless had they worked together. He would never accept any alternative.

Maybe dead weight is better dead Vex went on to surmise. Kigipigak nodded. He did not have an opinion one way or the other about it, except where it related to the opinion of his mother. She had been his superior and as such, could issue no wrong order, and anything she desired was to be obeyed. It was a task that earned me my name and my freedom. I became a man that day, I was given the name of Tartok as is custom to my people - but it is not something that happens to one so young. I am the youngest in the history of my village to earn it. He puffed up a little at that admission, feeling quite proud of himself, and realized a moment later Kigipigak had been talking about himself in excess.

Your mother does not strike me as the kind of person to order a kill like that. Maybe do it herself if the need arose. She is formidable. Much like my own. Kigipigak hoped his comments were appropriate; he meant to compliment. In a way he made Arbiter sound like some sort of savage beast — and after one meeting it wasn't like he knew her well.

They had been talking for a while now, regardless, and Kigipigak chuffed. Do you fancy yourself a warrior? Is that the kind of family you hail from?
Messages In This Thread
so, what are you gonna do? - by Kaskae - December 22, 2020, 11:54 AM
RE: so, what are you gonna do? - by Kigipigak - December 22, 2020, 12:22 PM
RE: so, what are you gonna do? - by Kaskae - December 22, 2020, 02:50 PM
RE: so, what are you gonna do? - by Kigipigak - December 22, 2020, 04:48 PM
RE: so, what are you gonna do? - by Kaskae - December 26, 2020, 06:49 AM
RE: so, what are you gonna do? - by Kigipigak - January 01, 2021, 02:36 PM
RE: so, what are you gonna do? - by Kaskae - January 02, 2021, 07:06 AM
RE: so, what are you gonna do? - by Kigipigak - January 02, 2021, 03:40 PM
RE: so, what are you gonna do? - by Kaskae - January 03, 2021, 06:54 AM
RE: so, what are you gonna do? - by Kigipigak - January 03, 2021, 04:00 PM
RE: so, what are you gonna do? - by Kaskae - January 05, 2021, 11:57 AM