Noctisardor Bypass i fell into my fear, and took a lie for a truth
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
There was something picturesque about the scene that she happened upon. He stared across the glistening lake as if in thought, perched on a large stone. Birds chirped to complete the painting of spring to come. There was something about the scene that put a smile on her face.

He noticed her before she was close enough to say anything, and greeted her amicably. There was a tendril of tear reaching out to Laurel when he said her name, despite the lack of hostility in his posture or voice. She pushed it away, easily slipping into her mask, and reminded herself that she had looked him up herself; she was in control of this.

But are you ever, really? A lot of things she thought she was in control of had blown up in her face over time.

Laurel swallowed thickly and approached further as he mentioned something about spring. It was poetic, she guessed; perhaps he indicated the birds that promised the coming of spring. Laurel smiled at her and initially stayed at a small distance, on the ground below, while she looked towards the birds.

It looks like it. Laurel then hopped on the stones as well, though she kept a distance between herself and Mahler; perhaps a keen eye might spot that the distance was more than normal for a pleasant conversation. It's a beautiful place you have chosen for us, she said with a smile as she continued to watch the birds; though kept the corner of her eye set on Mahler. Just in case. I found myself wondering over the last days why it's this place you picked. I mean, apart from settling my feud with its leaders. Laurel smirked when she said the last bit, clearly joking — because of course, he had only found out when they were already marking the territory's borders — and it felt like a really long time ago that she had genuinely made a joke.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i fell into my fear, and took a lie for a truth - by Laurel - March 04, 2021, 04:48 AM