Noctisardor Bypass i fell into my fear, and took a lie for a truth
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Laurel expected that he would not care very much about her emotions or the story she told him. She regretted telling it right away; regretted opening up. You know what happens when you open up to us, love, he hissed in the back of her head. Laurel felt the urge to shake her head or talk back to him, but she resisted it, knowing full well how insane that would make her look.

Before she knew it though, he was sharing a similar story — a wolf he had called brother, who had died and was buried in the mountains. Laurel was surprised. Surprised that he didn't turn around and look at her with pity or amusement for opening up like that. Surprised that he shared a story of his own, opened up a little in return. She blinked a few times. Before she could truly respond — muster a response — other than a soft hum, he glanced at the birds and said that they brought beautiful music.

Laurel smiled at the birds as she watched them for some time, quietly. Even Iliksis held his breath in their presence.

What was his name? she asked after a while, a sudden question. My sister Indra — she's buried by the large stones of Easthollow.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i fell into my fear, and took a lie for a truth - by Laurel - March 12, 2021, 03:41 AM