Noctisardor Bypass now i'm wandering around, wandering without a clue
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Laurel listened, though the territory didn't come familiar to her. His story was so familiar to her, except she had no idea what 'a Roanoke' was. But growing up a place, then leaving, and then never staying long in one place? Yeah, that was it alright. She hoped it'd be different here, but, well...

The story managed to distract her from the fact that he was a man. Perhaps it gave her a false sense of security that they were focused on this story. He was here to rediscover old memories; not to hurt her. Why not both? Laurel's tail twitched in annoyance at the voice whispering venom in her ears, so she swiftly focused back on Tambourine, who asked her about her story then. What's 'pulling a Roanoke'..? Laurel asked with a curious cant of her head. Then she answered: The place I was born in was Phoenix Maplewood, but I don't remember it at all. When we were really little we moved to Silver Creek, so I only know the Maplewood from the stories my grandma used to tell me. Moved to Larksong Grotto when I was little, but... Also never really found a place to stay. Wolves are trash, she thought idly to herself. That was why she didn't manage to stay long in one place. They made it so hard to do just that. It was just me 'n my sister Indra, we moved around quite a bit, saw a lot of packs. Now she's gone, and I'm here. Laurel hesitated visibly before adding the last thing, afraid to show her fragile side. It was unusual for her to tell so much of herself to a stranger, a man particularly, but she felt some kind of connection considering they both grew up here.

Reminiscing the 'good' old days made her think of a lot of bullshit, such as her runaway entitled mom, her lying neglecting shit of a father and her aggressive thief of a stepmother... But it also made her think of Indra. Oh, sweet Indra.
Messages In This Thread
RE: now i'm wandering around, wandering without a clue - by Laurel - March 17, 2021, 03:08 AM