Hideaway Strath A melody softly soaring through my atmosphere
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
new round no posting order! Anyone that hasn't joined and still wants to can also jump in at any time

She was happy to have him near—she didn't mind that he hovered, curious and awe-struck. If she wasn't mostly occupied with the pain that had started to build again, she would have marveled at how cute it was. She watched him nose the first pup and smiled a little when he told her it was a boy. The dark boy had a curl to his tail much like his father's tail, and she gently brushed over it with her nose. But a more intense wave of pain moved through her abdomen, and she tensed and closed her eyes.

She couldn't scent anything over the smell of birth, so she didn't know who all sat outside—she was certain her mate's call woke the entire pack. The first healer to arrive was Vein, and he spoke of a tea that would help, but that was all she heard before pain stole her ability to pay attention. She huffed out a heavy breath as she felt the need to push again. Then Arlette was there, and she felt instant relief. She placed plants down in front of her and explained what they were for. Simmik had just started to chew the terrible-tasting lavender when the healer ordered Ky from the den. She quickly swallowed and shook her head. I want him to stay, she said in huffs. She turned to her husband, her eyes full of pain and fear. I want you to stay, she repeated to him. She was clearly upset over the idea of him leaving. His presence was soothing, and she trusted him more than anyone—she needed him here with her. As for how she was feeling: It's painful, but tolerable, she answered, glancing to the healer.

But that was all she managed to say before she was pushing again, doing so when she felt pain just as her friend had instructed. Her arduous effort was rewarded once more with the delivery of a second, equally large puppy (Tulok). Knowing what to do this time, she hurried her teeth over the strange sac and pulled and cleaned it away from their second born. As she finished cleaning the puppy and pulled him close next to his brother, she noticed the black of his fur was interrupted by large areas of white and he also sported a curly tail like her husband. 

Her tired gaze searched for Ky and Arlette, but her energy was draining alarmingly fast, and she didn't have any to put towards interacting much with them. She rested her head on her paws and tried to steady her breathing as she waited for the next round of pain—if there was going to be one. Maybe this was it, she didn't know. She'd certainly take advantage of the break regardless.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
RE: A melody softly soaring through my atmosphere - by Simmik - April 01, 2021, 01:08 AM