Noctisardor Bypass [m] can you shatter my mirror to see outside myself
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
There was rage in his expression when he turned around. Laurel did not mind that; his anger she could take. She knew where a man's anger lead and this time, it was okay. It would be okay. There was a mix of feelings rising up -- the all possessing fear to be thrown to the wolves, mixing with the sour sting of rejection. Laurel had always been second best. Second best to Saena, second best to Reek. Rejected by both because of who she was. The ugly, unloveable child who called herself a princess only to mask how utterly undesirable she was.

And she'd lost her desire to be desirable years ago, but still... Still, there was the little child who just wanted to be held and loved.

Through her desire to be loved Laurel could not identity a shred of feelings she might or might not have for Mahler. She just acted upon her need, with her instincts sailing high.

His anger seemed to dissipate as he seemed to connect pieces. Everything inside of Laurel screamed to not tell him a thing! But she knew she must, how else would he understand? Tears threatened but she knew it would only make her seem more like the pitiful child. She needed to be the strong temptress. She needed the control back.

Before she could find words to respond to him Mahler said a name, Wintersbane. But she did not know the man at all. It doesn't have to mean anything, Laurel said as she stepped closer imploringly, now with the pleading look in her eyes again. I don't know this man. I know you. I know you wouldn't- She choked up again, and after swallowing the lump in her head she said, whispered words, I'm afraid. Men, they'll do anything. I don't want to be humiliated again. A confession, one that weighed heavy on her heart. She had never admitted to anyone what Iliksis had done. Not even Indra. I'll do anything. If you'll turn me away, I'll- Who knew who she would meet between here and Wintersbane? Who knew what Wintersbane would do? Laurel stepped closer to Mahler again, trembling now, afraid, her confident mask dissipated under the truth of what Iliksis did up her, though there was determination left in her voice; quiet again, now, words meant only for his ears as she closed the gap between them now so that she could almost touch him again. Please, Mahler. Nobody has to know. I swear I would never tell anyone if that's what it takes.
Messages In This Thread
RE: [m] can you shatter my mirror to see outside myself - by Laurel - June 05, 2021, 05:26 PM