Broken Antler Fen sagebrush
Brecheliant
Family
804 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She was right, she'd definitely not made things better. Teya was clearly pissed and Bridget steeled herself defensively against it, but listened silently. Her ears twitched but she quelled the response that leapt up even at her first words. As if she didn't know that. That was a lot of the problem. It had been all along.

But she was apparently finally getting some answers. In love with Ibis? Bridget couldn't help her look of shock at that. It wasn't that she disliked the idea, just that it was so... sudden. Bridget had felt attraction so many times she'd lost count, but love wasn't something so easy for her. And here Teya was, professing it for a wolf that Bridget hadn't even known she knew. There was a little jealousy there, maybe, but what over? Was it that she loved someone else, or that she'd felt that way at all? And so easily... holy fuck.

And another one too, one with a wife somewhere. When Bridget had wanted answers, this wasn't what she'd had in mind, and she wondered why Teya was telling her this. Did she want a reaction? Was she testing her, trying to make her reveal something? If so, it wasn't going to work. When she looked for something more, something she hadn't shared, she came up empty.

It just wasn't that easy for her.

I don't have any secrets. Bridget answered. She couldn't help but feel angry, hurt mainly by how clearly Teya laid out everything she'd been keeping quiet. Why? If I knew how I felt, you'd be the first to know. I don't play games, not with wolves I care about. As she said that, she looked down, feeling her anger burn a little more. She was more bothered by all of this than even she'd known, and the words got hotter with every statement.

I know there's a lot I don't know about you. I'm not about to own that, though. It isn't my fault if you don't trust me enough to tell me things, but don't act like it's surprising when I don't know where I stand with you.

They were friends and even lovers, sometimes, but Bridget felt like she barely knew her. Her past, her wants, all of it. Ever since she'd been side-swiped by Teya's decision to become a Raven, every step her friend took made it more apparent how much of her was hidden away.
Messages In This Thread
sagebrush - by Teya - July 28, 2021, 10:24 AM
RE: sagebrush - by Bridget - July 29, 2021, 01:23 AM
RE: sagebrush - by Teya - August 01, 2021, 12:35 AM
RE: sagebrush - by Bridget - August 01, 2021, 02:47 AM
RE: sagebrush - by Teya - August 06, 2021, 03:24 PM
RE: sagebrush - by Bridget - August 13, 2021, 09:28 AM
RE: sagebrush - by Teya - August 13, 2021, 03:19 PM
RE: sagebrush - by Bridget - August 13, 2021, 11:32 PM
RE: sagebrush - by Teya - August 17, 2021, 09:00 PM